Back to Routine; Back to Beck
Monday, April 02, 2018
Starting again on The Beck Diet Solution, starting with Day 15 this time. I have been consistently sitting down to eat and giving myself credit for good choices. For the most part I have been eating mindfully. I've thought about my ARC (Advantages Response Card - my reasons to get back to Goal Weight Range and Maintain) a lot and have been feeling motivated, but I will get the ARC out at least twice a day and see the words, reading slowly. I planned my food yesterday and stayed within my calorie range, but deviated a bit. Today I plan 100% compliance! I measured and logged food yesterday. I exercised and contacted my wonderful, flexible, encouraging Diet Coach.
Beck recommends the following cards as needed to stay on track:
* No Excuses #11 - just because I want to eat doesn't mean I should
* Resistance Habit #12 (strengthen the resistance "muscle" not the giving in "muscle" - make it easier to stick to it from now on)
* Can't Have it Both Ways #13 (I can eat spontaneously and off plan OR I can be the weight I want)
* It's Not Okay #14 (to eat unplanned food)
* I'll Care Later #15 (I may not care this moment, but if I eat unplanned food, I will care very much later)
* I'd Rather Be Thinner #16 (Even though I feel like eating more now, it is worth it to me to stop so that I can enjoy all the advantages of a healthy weight.)
* No Choice #17 (I've already made my choice to stick to my plan. No choice = no struggles.)
And I chose this card out of my dozens to focus on until I get to Goal Weight Range:
* Trying to become overly full is a habit that leads to weight gain. [as I have proven to myself again in 2018] I need to stop when the food I have planned is gone. My hunger will subside in 20 minutes or so. Do something else until satiety arrives!
This morning I was 1.2 pounds lower than yesterday. So at 133.0 I am 1 pound over the TOP of my Goal Weight Range. I know it will take ongoing effort to get to the weight I want and stay there! And I know that quick losses often mean fluctuation on the scale is coming. I must be prepared and not get discouraged if the scale goes back up a pound or two or three.
Wishing you a healthy, active, happy day!!