Why I luv SparkPeople (Cont. from Insurance Company Weight-Loss Program)
Thursday, March 22, 2018
‘Never underestimate the power of passion.’ (Unknown)
Today is: ‘National Goof Off Day’. :P
On this day in history:
- (1621) 1st American non-aggression treaty was signed.
- (1948) Andrew Lloyd Weber was born.
In my previous post, I mentioned that besides using SparkPeople, I'm attempting to use the weight-loss program my insurance company provides in an effort to save on the cost. I discussed the pro's & con's of the program (mostly con's). Because the program does not fully address the importance of making lifestyle changes, it is my opinion that it is not all that effective...
* Example: I've lost more weight using SparkPeople in the past than I did in the first 19 weeks of the insurance company's weight-loss program.
For this reason, I luv SparkPeople & refer the website to others all the time.
SparkPeople doesn’t have any fancy gimmicks to lure people into participating. It provides information on all aspects of weight loss (diet, fitness, personal well-being, etc.) and doesn’t use a person’s actual weight as a focal point. It actually focuses on all aspects of a person.
The website is user friendly & contains everything a person needs to succeed…
1) Support groups / Personal Blogs
2) Fitness videos
3) Informational sessions w/ wellness coaches
4) Variety of trackers (including meals, fitness, weight, measurements, etc.)
6) Motivational quotes
7) Motivational points & trophies that are earned for doing things on the website.
Besides the website, there is an easy to use app for people on the go as well.
Need I say more?