Sunday, March 18, 2018
This is our assignment for the Aspire and Inspire sparkteam: This month’s theme is strength training. How important is strength training to you in your fitness routine? How often do you do strength training exercises? Share some of your favorites.
I think strength training is very important. There are so many great benefits. Here are some benefits I got from an article on Everyday Health:
1. Strength training makes you stronger and fitter.
2. Strength training protects bone health and muscle mass.
3. Strength training helps keep the weight off for good.
4. Strength training helps you develop better body mechanics.
5. Strength training can help with chronic disease management.
6. Strength training boosts energy levels and improves your mood.
7. Strength training translates to more calories burned.
Even though I know strength training is so important, I don’t do it as much as I should. When I do it, I do both body weight exercises and exercises with dumbbells. Exercising with dumbbells especially makes me feel strong. My two favorite body weight exercises are bicycles and mountain climbers.