Getting on Track
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
'She believed she could. So she did.' (Unknown)
Today is: 'National Potato Chip Day'
- Celebrate if you must, splurge & eat 1-5 chips.
On this day in history:
- (1743) America's first town hall meeting was held.
- (1879) Albert Einstein was born.
I'm not the first and I won't be the last to admit that I've been slacking. I'm not the type for excuses or pointing the finger at someone or something. No, I am completely at fault. I let my job take control of my life, instead of me being in control.
I was suffering from lack of sleep. I was stressed and had no time to myself because I always seemed to be doing something work related. My diet was out of control. I had no stamina to do things. My muscles started to ache whenever I did the simplest things (i.e. walking up a flight of stairs, etc.).
It was time for a change... Time to get back on track. Dusting off the scale (I stashed it in the closet some time ago), I stepped on & weighed myself. I gained 5 lbs. (not cool).
Determined, I sat down tonight with my planner and created a workout schedule for the next 2 weeks (alternating between cardio, strength training, and abs / flexibility exercises). Then, I logged into SparkPeople to track my meals for the day before putting in a DVD to workout.
That done, I sat down once again & created a list of ways I can take back control of my life.
Game Plan (no specific order):
- Weigh in 1x per week
- Create a weekly workout schedule (I have a flexible work schedule so I have to do this on a week to week basis)
- Track meals & water intake (daily)
- Drink more water (I've been slacking)
- Exercise 5-6 times per week.
- Get organized!!! Create lists of things to accomplish when not working (I chose to use the computer app 'Wunderlist')
- Set aside a minimum of 30 minutes per day for myself (read, etc.)
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night (if possible)
A friend challenged me to be a human hockey puck during an AHL hockey game (during the intermission). I'm signed up to do so on April 14th. I want to be able to sit on that round, plastic sled without any difficulty.
A long term goal is to fit back into my summer clothes come June / July... And that adorable black wool, pea coat hanging in the closet come next winter.
Wish me luck!!