Time for the monthly check-in!
Here were my goals for last month:
* Work to increase 5K speed.
* Add simple strength training.
* Cut back on sugar/treats/refined carbs.
Anyway, I have made a bit of progress on my running speed, but I've also aggravated my heel again. I think I'm going to have to take some time off to tend to that properly this time, which means I'm not going to be where I need to be by May. I'm doing one more test run tonight, but I expect I'll be bowing out of that race this year :( I'll reset my goal for next year and do better this time.
I have added no strength training, really, so another goose egg.
I think I did cut back on the carbs, etc, but since they were way up there I still have a long way to go.
I'm going to go a little easier on myself this month, I think. Here's my goals:
* Look up stretches and treatments for my heel problems and then actually do what's required.
* Track carbs, with an eye to reduction, but just get a baseline to start.
* Meditate at least 5 minutes a day.
I've got a few other things I'm tracking elsewhere, but I think that's good for the die-hard goals