Grateful for Differences
Thursday, February 15, 2018
This morning was the meeting (finally!! woo-hoo!) with Deni's school counselors, principal and teachers to help set up a treatment plan to help her with her learning differences (some people call them disabilities. I call them differences). Went well. Working with her and them to help her learn better plus teach her coping skills to deal with the problems she faces. And dude, I'm so grateful!!
* grateful for the therapist who diagnosed the problems
* grateful for a good school
* grateful for counselors willing to help
* grateful for teachers with kind hearts who have already been helping her
* grateful especially for the two teachers who have been there for her when she's most anxious
* grateful for patience and kindness and understanding
* grateful that meeting is over too (ok, it was a long one!)
* Dude. ok. So grateful that kid has a sense of humor, because I am not kidding, that school is so big, I nearly had a panic attack myself when we were leaving from the sheer number of kids in the hallways. Holy cow. Not even kidding!! At least she found humor in that it stressed me, too (as it does her, so, we are not alone)
* grateful for the process, which teaches us both patience
* and oddly enough, grateful for long hallways that let me walk it out, and help her also have long walks. Those are good things!!
Have a great day!