good morning sparkers. and somehow january is gone! it's been a good month for "living" beck and spark-life, but not a very good life for me online. blogging was not 5 days a week, as i had planned at the beginning of the month, but more like once a week - reduced to the beck check. strength training appears to be a thing of the past, along with the night time video. i have neglected my spark buddies and teams, have not had time to read and comment on blogs, write posts. no meal tracking. i had a couple of questions on the wellness quiz wrong, and i actually forgot to answer the questions a couple of days.
my consistencies -
- i have logged on. broke 1000 days, still going strong on the streak
- we committed to and returned to running - have now gone running every other day, worked my way up from falling apart after two miles, to a "long" run of four, and a much improved run of 3.5 miles that allowed me to continue getting other things done the rest of the day (as opposed to utter exhaustion after the first runs).
- made the monthly fitbit step goal of 500,000 step minimum (if we hit goal today, it will be 550,000 for the month - and that includes travel days)
- meals have always been planned for each day
- followed the beck rules fairly consistently - eat sitting down, mindfully, slowly; no snacking, not my food
and the wins?
you could say i have learned to eat intuitively - the right amounts, the right foods. balanced out with the exercise, it is working. even when we have "snacky dinner" - i've included a protein dip (like hummus) and cut veggies with the chips and salsa - i have not gained weight. in fact, i've reached a very happy weight, exactly where i want/need/should be. not so thin (as in past years in january, when i seem to drop weight when we arrive in molokai) that DH complains/is worried (under 100 lbs), but low enough that i feel like i don't have to watch every chip i put in my mouth (though i do put out "portions" and stick to them).
now the question is can i keep it up, with work starting to pile on. we are committed to the every other day running. and the meals and planning. and the no snacking... these are the habits i wrote about at the beginning of january.
and i shall try to be a better sparker... i read my favorite bloggers this morning (
). kriszta's blog (how much more can i eat and still get away with it) was particularly timely as i ate the first "not my food" in ages yesterday. a good reminder of slippery slopes and how much better one feels sticking to the plan.
ok. must get to work here. i did take a quick look (and a photo) of the eclipse which is going on right now. but here is a photo from a morning adventure we just had:
- sparking others - will try to read and comment on three blogs daily