Here is my weekly email that will go out Sunday night if anyone would like to join one of my SparkChallenges!
This past week we launched the new SparkChallenges feature!
As a reminder, SparkChallenges are simple health, fitness, and goal-setting challenges you can use in 3 ways:
1) As an individual with no community interaction
2) You can get support from the SparkPeople community
3) You can start your own private SparkChallenge and invite your friends -- people on SparkPeople or your "real-world" family, friends, co-workers, or social community.
As a fun part of the launch, I am starting three 7-day SparkChallenges you can join. The reason I mention this is time-sensitive is you need to join the challenge by Monday to participate in the full 7 days.
Everyone who enters is eligible to win one of 3 Amazon gift certificates worth $25 each. Winners will be drawn randomly from all entries.
Note that you can join the challenges from either our desktop or mobile web site. But once you join, there will also be a prominent spot on the home screen of the app for you to track your challenge results.
Here are links to join one or more of the challenges:
* Fitness: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/sparkchallenge-accept.asp?cc=JLIJS7GFQ5ZDQZGZQDD0GLZQT
* Nutrition: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/sparkchallenge-accept.asp?cc=JKRFA5IWKI4KZWGR5Y2MQ8KWD
* Goal-setting: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/sparkchallenge-accept.asp?cc=TXGKBIPV3DDAFZAC6CBIOAMS3
This challenges platform will have many improvements coming soon. We launched it fairly basic to get it out to our members and hear feedback and then improve it. You can check out all SparkChallenges and start your own on this link:
Free Spark2018 Mini-Book (Updated)
If you haven't seen this yet, I launched the free Spark2018 mini-book last week. If you have seen it, I made two additions this past week:
1) A new "book cover" that our designer Elliott made for me (much better than my graphic)
2) A new section called "How to Make Setbacks Positive" since this is such a big issue for people. This section gives you a formula to handle any type of setback. This new section is on page 19.
Here's what one member says about the mini-book:
As someone that has been on Sparkpeople since June, 2009, I appreciate and love your mini book! Most people have such busy lives and this condenses the best ideas into a small chunk that people can read quickly and find several tips to help them right away. Personally, I'm going to challenge myself to get at least 10 minutes of exercise for the next 7 days. Starting right now, going for a walk after my healthy breakfast!
Thank you so much Chris! You have changed my life in so many ways!
Have a great week!
Chris "SparkGuy" Downie