Sunday, January 07, 2018
How am I doing week 1 with my goals:
1. 5 fruits and veggies a day--Great!!
2. Healthy fluids--Great!!
3. Snacking/sweets-- Fair--turned a lot down--Can you imagine we had 4 doz donuts show up at work on the same day--ate only a half of one donut. They then sat for 3 days on my desk--why mine?!? But I ignored them. But someone brought in baklava--with that I wasn't strong at resisting
5. Portion size--very good
6. 10,000 steps a day 2/7 days. Poor. but not to upset about. Work was super busy and didn't get home until late plus no time to walk during work. This week should be a lot better. Monday took daughter to airport and weather was snowy and icy a 2 hour trip took 4 1/2 hrs.
7. Strength--2/3 days-weights. So for me that was pretty darn good.
9. Declutter-did manage to get 30 min in Tuesday on my bedroom--wanted more but happy with this amount
10. Paperwork--Did get my file cabinet downstairs and started emptying drawers. Some old old paperwork in there--Do you still have your tax returns from the 80's or receipts for electronics bought in the 80's?
11. Me time--did get a good amount of reading done.
12. Weight--1 pound down--but I bounce a lot in that dept--will wait for a trend before I get excited
13. Stay active on Sparkpeople. Yes I have
So overall I am happy with the past week. Work really was insane. Once I left work I had to go to my mom's house so I wasn't getting home until after 8 PM. I ate more sweets than I planned but I did restrain myself. Need to do better with sweets but I wasn't my old self with them.
Growing up my Dad always said if you have your health and your family you are very wealthy. As I have gotten older I truly understand his statement. So here is to staying healthy and getting healthier.