1. I was told back 8 years ago, if I didn't lose the weight I would be become diabetic, and set myself up for a heart attack.So it was and is important to lose all the excess weight for my health. Plus, for my joints, I have arthritis and my knees are back. For every pound you weigh, you put 7 pounds of pressure on your legs to carry you around.
2. It matters to me, because already losing 103 pounds it has greatly improved my life!
3. I feel strongly about all this, because it will mean a longer, healthier life! That is important to me and my family!
I need to lose weight to help control my chronic health issues--diabetes II, cholesterol, blood pressure. Right now I'm on medication to control them but there often comes a time when medication is no longer an option--doesn't control, reached dose limits, tried all that are available. I also had a cancer scare about 5 years ago and all doctors agreed that being overweight "helped" the cancer, and that's something I do NOT want to help.
With these conditions controlled I can live a better life and maybe a longer life.
I also feel that our daughter will be more likely to stay fit, get fit and avoid some of our health issues if I can model the better life style for her. 221 days ago
You'll figure it out, and when you do, it will be deeply personal. I think it can also change from time to time (especially if you take a long time in the journey as I have). It's good to take your time with this. Hang in there!
In the meantime, here's mine...because you asked.
1. Why is losing weight important to me? Losing weight is important to me because being obese steals my ability to move freely and be healthy.
2. Why does that reason matter? It matters because if I can’t move freely and be healthy, I can’t be my best.
3. Why do I feel strongly about that reason? I feel strongly about this because I have been lost for so much of my life. Losing weight is part of finding the true me. 221 days ago
I too have aches and pain every day. I was always very slim wearing size 6jeans in my 30's. After my back injury I just ballooned out I take more medications than I ever thought possible. I am obsessed with getting my life back from the drugs. I have 5 grand kids and I want to be around and able to have fun with them. 222 days ago
1. It's important to me because my joints hurt, my feet hurt, and my back hurts - all because of the weight. Also because it means less possibility of surgery for my gallbladder.
2. Less pain would mean easier movement and more stamina. And because surgery is to be avoided whenever possible!
3. I feel strongly because I've been through a very minor surgery this year and was a little apprehensive about not waking up.I can only imagine my concern for going under the knife for a more invasive operation.
Thanks for asking.I neeed to remind myself of my reasons more often. 222 days ago
Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.