Wednesday, December 06, 2017
I came across this today on Facebook.
1. There's a lot about our lives we absolutely can't control. You cannot control everything that happens in life, but you can control how you respond. In your response is your greatest power.
2. Our expectations often make us utterly unhappy. Happiness is letting go of what you assume your life is supposed to be like right now and sincerely appreciating it for everything that it is.
3. We will always be incredibly imperfect. If you wait until you're perfect before you share your stories, ideas, talents, and gifts with the world, no one will ever hear from you.
4. A moment spent worrying is a moment wasted. Worrying will never change the outcome. Do more, worry less. Train your mind to see the lesson in every situation, and then make the best of it.
5. The best lessons often come from the hardest days. Stand strong. Sometimes you have to experience a low point in life to learn a good lesson you couldn't have learned any other way.
6. Success easily gets to our heads and failure easily gets to our hearts. Our character is often revealed at our highs and lows. Be humble at the mountaintops. Be steadfast in the valleys. Be faithful in between.
7. We confuse being busy with being productive. What you pay attention to grows. So focus on what truly matters and let go of what does not.
8. Money left unmanaged just creates more problems. Yes, we need money to live. Earn it. Save it. Invest it. But avoid spending money you haven't earned, to buy things you don't need, to impress folks you don't even know. Manage your money so it doesn't end up managing you.
9. Most of us don't need more to be happy - we need less. When things aren't adding up in your life, begin subtracting. Life gets a lot simpler when you clear the clutter (mental and physical) that makes it complicated.
10. Our fancy gadgets often get in our way and dehumanize us. We all need to learn to be more human again. Don't avoid eye contact. Don't hide behind gadgets. Smile often. Ask about people's stories. Listen.
11. We don't always get what we give. You won't end up sadly disappointed if you expect people will always do for you as you do for them. Not everyone has the same heart as you.
12. Most of the arguments we have with one another are pointless. Be selective in your battles. Oftentimes peace is better than being right. You simply don't need to attend every argument you're invited to.