250,000-299,999 SparkPoints 280,903

What a week-end!

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Those of you who have known me for a while will remember I had a Lumpectomy in the middle of May. Followed up with 3 weeks Radiation. I was doing so well. Then last week I started aching around the area where they made the incision, and I had swelled up like a balloon. I knew this wasn't normal, so Friday called Kaiser (my health ins.) They tried to get me a same day appt. They didn't have any openings, but said I go to the walk in clinic. When I got there they were swamped. The receptionist said if I felt comfortable for one more night, then she could made a appt. for me in the morning. That sounded better, as I didn't want to take a risk coming down the Flu. The next morning, around 8am, Kaiser called me and told me the Doctor had to cancel, but they found another Doctor who could take me at 2 pm. That was fine. Within 30 mins. Kaiser called me back, and said that Doctor had to cancel. What?? I have been with Kaiser since I was 19. I am now in my 60's. Never has this happened. They made another appt. for Sunday. Hurrah..That Doctor came through. emoticon
He checked me out and was worried I had a infection. My heart sank at that point. So he sends me to the Hospital. He said he wanted a ultrasound done, and hook me up with IV's (medicated to fight the infection). I got there at 11:30am..I waited 1 hour to go from the ER, to the "Green Room" Never heard of that one, but it was progress. I told them what I was going through, and what Doctor D wanted. Ok they said, but.......All of the computers were down. It will take a while. As they had to write everything down by hand, and walk the order for the Ultrasound to the X-ray Dept..That wasn't right next door, it was a long walk. I sat another hour, before I asked when I would be seen. They called X-ray, and said I was next. emoticon
The gal from X-ray came and got me. The ultrasound wasn't too bad, as I was already given a pain shot for the ordeal. Oh, did that sting! I waited another hour, then went and asked if they had the results yet. Well.....it seems the results sat on someone's desk for a hour. The nurse that was checking everyone into the Green Room had to go get the results herself. Poor gal, she needed roller blades. She was so busy. I get called into the little office area. They started talking about getting me a "room", started drawing blood, gave me another shot to block "infection" I caught a different Nurse, and asked her "am I being admitted?, or just a procedure" Not sure yet she says .Off she goes..Well to make a long story short, emoticon
The Doctor said blood had built up, and was trapped, then it became hard. He numbed the area emoticon , made a incision, then packed the area with gauze. Tomorrow I go see the Surgeon who did the Lumpectomy, and he probably will drain the area again. Have mercy, I was there 6 hours. Sorry this is so long, not like me at all, but it was the craziest week-end I have had in a long time. Oh, and my poor Hubby. He worked Sunday 3am to 3pm. He had to come and get me, so he could drive me home. I had our car. He hopped the bus, got off at Ave J, then walked to the Hospital. He is my Hero. emoticon
He must have been sooooo tired. Well, I can't have a blog without pics. One of our pretty sunsets.

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal...difficulty and pain on top of all the rest. Hopefully this will be the end of it, J. Praying for you!
    340 days ago
    Dear Jeanne, I was just horrified to read all you have been through! And at the end of your blog it was far from over... How did the appointment with the surgeon go? I was in pain just thinking about what he would do!!!
    Sending big hugs! emoticon
    353 days ago
    Oh my goodness, dear Jeanne, what you had to go through. Sounds like my experiences at Dr.'s and hospitals! UGH! So sorry I missed this and didn't know all this had happened. I just posted a comment on your page then looked up and saw this blog. I was not notified of the blog by email, for some reason SP has had issues with that lately. That is so weird what happened to the area of your incision. Never heard of that. How are you now? Hope all is ok now and no further problems! emoticon
    360 days ago
    OH yikes, still? I hope that you're feeling better by now. emoticon
    363 days ago
  • PICKIE98
    So how are things going now my dear?
    364 days ago
    Any update? How's it going?
    364 days ago
    Hi Jeanne l'm so sorry l missed this blog, l hope you're feeling much better now and are taking things easy.
    Dennis is a godsend, what a hero!

    l've been in hospital for my back procedure, l'm up and moving about again, not in pain as such just a bit uncomfortable...strong painkillers work wonders...lol...

    Take care, thinking of you emoticon emoticon
    365 days ago

    Comment edited on: 11/16/2017 4:12:57 AM
  • LOSER05
    the green room could mean it's for susceptible people, so anyone who is contagious cannot go in there. sorry, you had to go through this and I hope you feel better. and Hurray for that GREAT Husband of yours. emoticon
    366 days ago
    Oh Jeannie, what you had to go through! I'm sending my prayers to you. I'm so sorry I was away and missed that whole chapter...I went through the same thing 2 years ago, minus the nasty infection that just came your way.Please take good care and keep us posted! emoticon Renee
    366 days ago

    holy jumping Jupiter!! what a horrible thing to have to go thru ~ and yeah, your dH definitely qualifies for emoticon status

    are you feeling better now? hope so emoticon
    367 days ago
    yes, what a weekend you had. i hope your week goes better for you. Prayers emoticon coming your way, that all goes the best way it can and you heal quickly. yes, you do have a super HERO hubby. emoticon emoticon (superman symbol). please take care my emoticon emoticon
    emoticon for you and emoticon

    love the sunset. just beautiful!!!
    367 days ago

    Comment edited on: 11/14/2017 11:20:43 PM
  • JAMER123
    Oh my goodness Jeanne!! I don't think i have heard of this going on and would have been terribly upset or frustrated. I worked in a hospital fro 40 yrs. and this is terribly sad. So sorry but hoping all is going to be good for you. I am also surprised the incision had begun to bleed again. Take care dear friend!!
    emoticon emoticon
    367 days ago
  • PCOH051610
    367 days ago
    Wow! What a story. I'm sorry this happened, but so glad it turned out not to be an infection.
    367 days ago
    Oh my...what an ordeal! But it sounds like it won't be a bad outcome...thank the good Lord!
    I'll pray the rest of the testing and procedures go quickly and easily!
    emoticon emoticon
    367 days ago
    Oh dear friend...God has blessed you with your heroic hubby, and your strength to keep going. I feel bad you bad because you had to through this..sending lots of prayers that you will get better soon.
    Many, many (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) & love to you!
    367 days ago
    I have tears for you and your husband. You are an amazing lady and I am so glad that, in spite of being a kind of crazy 6 hours, you got the help you needed. Takes courage to put up with all that time with a sense of humor. God bless you, my friend, and I am so glad you shared with us. You shouldn't have to do this alone with your husband. Give him a hug too. Again, God bless you. emoticon emoticon emoticon You are awesome!
    367 days ago
  • PICKIE98
    Poor thing! I am glad that it is only blood pooling. Yet another reason NOT to depend on PC's!!!! Praying everything is okay.
    367 days ago
    Oh Jeanne, all those delays sound horrible. It seems everything got super busy all at once! So glad Dennis could come and get you, yes he's a hero! I hope everything goes much more smoothly with the surgeon.
    emoticon emoticon emoticon

    And even after all that, we still get some beautiful sunset pics. You spoil us! emoticon
    367 days ago
    Oh my, sometimes our health-care is a mess. Hopefully you re-coop fast.
    367 days ago
    Oh my - you must have needed the patience of a saint. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't an infection. Hope everything goes well with seeing the surgeon today too.
    367 days ago
    Oh, my, dear friend!
    That sounds exhausting and stressful!
    I admire your assertiveness in moving things along by checking up every hour.
    Hope you are feeling better by now and your surgeon is not too worried about all this.
    Thnx for the beautiful pictures!
    367 days ago
    You really went through a lot and even though I knew about all you went through, it is tiring just reading it! Can't imagine being put through all of that and none of it was your doing! Yes, you do have a wonderful hubby!! Hurry and heal and get your strength back. Love your sunsets!!!
    emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
    367 days ago
    Wow! That was some kind of weekend. I'm glad they were able to get you seen about. I cringed at your descriptions of what you went through - the mystery, long waits, and the procedures. Bless your heart!!
    Bless your hubby's heart too. My hubby used to work 3a-3p also and was almost sleep walking afterward. When they released you, did you feel like running out of there singing so glad to be free again? emoticon

    I hope you feel better soon and you heal well with no more complications. I'll be praying for you, Shirley. emoticon
    367 days ago
    Jeanne, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you're not in too much pain and that you recover quickly. I will also say a prayer for your medical care givers and insurance providers. Sounds like they could use some help!

    367 days ago
    I can imagine just how stressful all of this must have been for you. Hugs and prayers being sent right away! Keep us posted.
    367 days ago
    OMG - what an ordeal! Hope everything is OK.
    367 days ago
    What a time you had and your wonderful Hubby :), hope the next part goes better !!
    367 days ago
    Just sitting here shaking my head in empathy... hope you are doing better and on the road to recovery. A big emoticon for DH!
    367 days ago
    I'm praying for you. Wow that was an awful way to help you to just get seen.
    Sorry for all you had to do and wait for at the E.R. God bless you. God bless Dennis.
    Hoping your doctor is great with you. HUGS
    Gentleness today,
    I'm sorry.
    emoticon emoticon emoticon
    367 days ago
    emoticon for the hubby! So sorry you had to go through all that!
    367 days ago
    Almost sounds like Canadian health care! Hurry up and wait. Glad to hear it wasn't serious...or is it? Well, you weren't admitted so I guess not. I hope this all clears up quickly!
    367 days ago
    Oh, dear, what a weekend ,so sorry for all the trouble you are having. emoticon
    I really hope you are on the mend, and the best to your husband, awesome and helpful. emoticon
    367 days ago

    So very sorry for all your run-arounds and delays..
    Prayers wending your way
    ..for healing
    .and for your hero hubby, too!

    367 days ago
    Oh, what a horrible time you had and the stress and worry of not knowing all that time. Prayers sent your way for a quick healing and no more problems.
    367 days ago
    I hope you are feeling better. My goodness what a mess at the hospital. I feel for all the staff trying to help their patients under those circumstances. Praying and sending positive thoughts.
    367 days ago
    Hope you are feeling better . And that the flare is nothing to serious HUGS
    367 days ago
    Oh dear Jeanne and we thought it was all over. Fingers crossed it is now getting better.

    Over here they lost my Fathers blood test after I took him into hospital after a heart attack, the Dr went crazy with the micro lab.

    Get better soon

    367 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by HICKOK-HALEY