10 01 2017 Weigh In (#6) - Fort4Fitness...done! Runner race tips.
Sunday, October 01, 2017
Not sure why but I always dread the day of the race. Signing up? Always enjoyable. Race day? Not so much. But I showered, got dressed and even though I was a few minutes late I crossed the start line. Took a few minutes before I started coming up on the back of the pack but slowly started making progress. Honestly I walked most of it but I really had a great time, so much to take in. Did the 4 miles in just under 69 minutes. Felt so good afterwards I pumped up my bike tires and went for a ride. Very active day. Felt like my old self again. GF did the 10K and did really well. We're both looking forward to next year's event. Did you participate in this year's Fort4Fitness? How did it go?
Running Tips (that I mostly remembered)
1. Train for whatever event you're doing, even if you only have 2 or 3 weeks until the event. The more you train the better you'll do.
2. Wear comfortable socks/underwear. You want those places staying cool.
3. Blow your nose before the start or you may wish you had or you'll have to do it in route.
4. Sunscreen (especially on longer events)
5. Double tie your laces to avoid a fall or losing out on a new personal record.
6. GPS/mp3 player/headphones
8. A good pair of broken in sneakers. Race day is not the day to find out your super cool kicks are blister factories.
9. Protect your nipples, they're sensitive.
Leave any out? Feel free to add to the list in the comments.
09/30/2017 249.6 (down .2 from last weigh in but I've also been lifting again. Feels good getting stronger.)
BP - 125/76