48 Reasons to Get Back on Track....
Thursday, September 07, 2017
If you’ve read some recent blogs, then you know that I’ve been struggling with staying on track these last few weeks. I thought that I was past my issues with food, but I still have a lot of work to do. At a suggestion of a SparkPeople friend, I am writing the 48 reasons to continue my journey. This exercise has really put things into perspective for me. If you feel stuck - I strongly suggest you try this too!
So here are MY 48 reasons to stay on my health journey…..
1. I am worth it
2. I’ve worked too hard to give up now!
3. Struggle is part of life - I need to suck it up and get on with it.
4. I look better now than I did when I was in my 30’s
5. Being healthy makes me happy
6. The physical challenges are invigorating
7. Pride. I’m really proud of my accomplishment
8. I love going to the store and trying on new clothes in smaller sizes
9. The feeling of slipping into a size 10 is beyond words
10. I feel sexy
11. I don’t like the way my trigger foods make me feel
12. Longer life
13. I sleep better now that I have in years
14. My confidence has improved considerably and it’s positively impacted my career
Improved health. I’m off cholesterol and blood pressure medication and I want to keep it that way
15. Reduces the risk of cancer and other physical ailments
16. Improved flexibility and range of motion
17. I’m stronger than I've ever been!
18. I can run a 5K - and I’m very proud of that!
19. I am learning how to cook healthier meals
20. I’m balancing my life better
21. My anxiety is virtually nonexistent
22. I want to be an active grandmother one day
23. I love that nothing limits me anymore
24. Exercising helps reduce my stress levels
25. I have learned to be less critical of myself. While I'm still working on this, I see significant improvement.
26. Not binging has been life changing and empowering.
27. I’ve learned to love the taste of fresh fruits and vegetables - and I love trying new ones!
28. Pain is temporary - success lasts a whole lot longer
29. Vanity. I’m being honest - I love the way I look now.
30. My kids. I want to be active and healthy for them.
31. It only takes a small effort to see big results.
32. I want to reach my goal weight.
33. Exercise is actually fun!
34. I enjoy taking care of myself.
35. I love the reactions I get from friends and family who have not seen me since I started my journey.
36. If I want to help others reach their goals - to do that, I have to get past this.
37. Menopause is only hormones - I can overcome!
38. There’s no better feeling than having your wrists sweat from physical exertion!
39. I love when friends tell me that I’m in great shape.
40. I need to get rid of my back fat. Ugh.
41. I want to reach my goal so I can get my arms done.
42. I am happy.
43. I enjoy my friends and the instructors at the gym.
44. The majority of my wardrobe now is made up of yoga pants, work out clothes and sneakers!
45. I enjoy the feeling of being physically hungry.
46. I love the way Robby looks at me when I’m all dressed up and looking great!
47. I have more energy.
48. I am worth it. Yes, I wrote this twice because, ultimately, that’s what its all about.
All too often I let my head get in the way of my success. My internal dialogue has been somewhat negative these last few weeks and it has really impacted my ability to move forward. I’m not exactly sure why - but I think that it has to do with my birthday and some issues with getting older, dealing with menopause or peri-menopause symptoms and some stress at work. If I want to succeed - I MUST work through this and learn how to get back on track in my mind. I’ve done it before and I can do it again. Writing this helped significantly. I’m feeling more positive and confident that I can get past this. Everyday is day 1 - so here I go again! :)
Bee healthy. Bee happy.
If you enjoyed this blog, please visit my personal website for similar content www.healthy-mommabee.com
. You can also find me on Instagram and FaceBook as Healthy Momma Bee