39 and Feelin' Fine - 5 Good Things to Celebrate
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Today is my 39th birthday!
I didn't hit my weight goal, and even though I knew it was a HUGE stretch and extremely unlikely, I'm still a bit disappointed in myself. BUT. I'm writing this to convince myself of my own awesomeness and shut up the little voices of negativity. So here's what it amazing.
1. I have lost almost 4 pounds this month! That is *enormous* for me, and brought me closer to my next goal than I actually thought I would get. I've lost 28.8 pounds, 1.2 shy of my 30 pound goal. (With another 15-20 still to come.)
2. I have been SO GOOD with my eating this month, staying within my calorie range 21/31 days. And overall, I've averaged 1522 calories/day, which is only 22 calories over. This is much better than months past. And I did it while still enjoying life and eating 'bad' things sometimes -- ahem wine and cookies. In moderation, of course.
3. I am lighter than I've ever been. (Well, as a fully grown human, anyway.) It's continuing to creeeeeeeeeep slowly downward. A loss is a loss is a loss.
4. I am stronger than I've ever been. I've been consistently using the blue and even sometimes the green resistance bands at class. (The levels are yellow-red-blue-green-gray, and while I still use red for triceps and some other muscle groups, I'm almost always on blue and even on green for some things. Progress!)
5. I feel better in my own skin than ever before. I feel happier and healthier and stronger and fitter and more confident in general. That is not something that comes easily to me, for I am the queen of internal negativity.
Yay for self pep talks! I AM AMAZING! ;)
Tomorrow I have my third and final DEXA scan and nutritionist appointment, so we'll see how I'm doing on their fancy machines, but I'm feeling pretty good. Ultimately, it's only been about five pounds in three months and therefore the scans won't show some insane improvement, but clearly slow and steady is all I can hope for. Less fat mass, more muscle mass. That's the goal.