Feeling Like My Life is on Hold
Monday, August 21, 2017
Well, I (finally) filed for divorce. 5 weeks ago. Part 1. The judge has to "okay" the reason for wanting divorce -- no irreconcilable differences HERE! Then once that process is completed (it can take up to 3-4 months, so I am told), part 2 -- the financial agreement.
Over here, in England, it is way different from the US, from what I know. God willing it goes through -- easily and quickly. While I am not a religious person, I find myself praying nonetheless.
We have agreed on the financial settlement. My solicitor (attorney) has to draw it up and we'll have to sign it -- it will be sent in once part 1 has gone through; you cannot submit it prior.
I will never see all the money I put into the business, let alone all the money I spent supoorting us.. and I (suppose I) can live with that. No choice really. But it is better than it could have been, and I am glad many more thousands are not being spent on legal fees.
I have my ticket to return the end of March (just over 7 months away). But it feels like it's an eternity away, ya know?
I have some things to sort out, but I am not sure it is 7 months' worth. I am getting antsy, not wanting to sit and wait, as my life goes by. At nearly 66 yrs old (my birthday is in December), I really don't want to "waste" time here, passing days and weeks and months, to start my new life.
It's hard to explain, I guess. The house rental agreement is thru the end of March. However, I am not sure if we can get out of it earlier by explaining the situation. The thought of laying out the money to pay utilities and all feels like a waste.
But I know I am not patient -- one of my many character flaws - and an understatement at best. Once the divorce is all over, I suppose I can ask the then ex-husband if he would like out of the house as well. We have agreed to split costs till the end of the lease, in fair proportions.
I will need to discuss this with the solicitor when she returns from holiday (vacation) next week.
But am I making a smart decision to aim to leave earlier? Should I wait it out, give myself more time? Not sure what for, as I cannot see the future.
More decisions. SIGH