Today I start my 48th year. It’s kind of unfathomable to me that life is going by as quickly as it is, but the tell tale signs of aging are apparent. I am starting to get a few aches and pains outside of that ‘post-exercise’ feeling. I'm grateful that exercise helps and after a great workout, The aches are gone and I feel amazing. My skin is starting to wrinkle a bit and no matter how many lotions and potions I buy, I can’t seem to reverse it. I’ve learned to embrace my lines - I think it shows a lot of character and it’s just part of who I am at this point in my life.
I take inventory on my life twice a year. Once on New Years Eve and the other on my birthday. It helps me evaluate my goals, what I’ve accomplished and what I want to achieve moving forward. It’s a great exercise and if you’ve never tried it, I highly encourage you to.
This year my inventory started on a spin bike a few days ago and with a few minutes here and there I have realized that my life is truly a blessing. I have much to be grateful for and smile about.
So, on the first day of my 48th year around the sun, I want to share MY 48 reasons to smile. My hope is that you will relate to some of these as well and realize (if you haven’t already) that life is a beautiful thing.
Here they are (not in any particular order):
1. My son. He has lit up the world and my life from the moment he was born.
2. My daughter. My partner in crime, she’s sweet and sassy - and a force to be reckoned with.
3. Robbie. The love of my life.
4. My parents, who are both alive and relatively well.
5. My brother. The little pipsqueak who grew up to be one of my best friends.
6. My family. Family is everything.
7. My friends. I am blessed with the most amazing friends, near and far.
8. My work. I love every element of the work that I do. It’s challenging and thought provoking. Stressful at times, but that’s part of the course.
9. Good health. A few years ago, I wouldn’t have been able to write those two words.
10. Mushoo. My sweet fur baby of 14 years. He snores like a man, but I love him just the same.
11. Independence. I love being self sufficient and having the ability to take care of myself.
12. My home. I love my home and my neighborhood. It's beautiful and relaxing. My neighbors are wonderful!
13. Strength. I’ve learned that I’m stronger than I ever thought I could be.
14. Exercise. My ability to move and do things I’ve never done before or continue to challenge myself with the things I already love.
15. The sun. I love the warmth of the sun against my face.
16. Spinning. Stress relief on steroids.
17. Yoga. It helps me stay centered/focused. I’m not very good at it, but I really don’t care.
18. Flowers. Simple beauty.
19. Birthday cake. I know I shouldn’t mention it, but I do LOVE birthday cake (in moderation of course!)
20. A good salad. I’m not talking lettuce and croutons. I love it chunk full of veggies!
21. Massage. There's nothing more relaxing than a deep tissue massage!
22. Maroon 5, Pitbull, Guns and Roses, U2, Rolling Stones, Poison, Duran Duran. I love music.
23. Halo Top Ice Cream. If you’ve tried it, you know what I mean.
24. Clothes. I just love clothes.
25. Tom’s. Wear them all the time. So comfortable!
26. The mani/pedi concept. Whoever came up with that, KUDOS!
27. A good party. I love celebrating life.
28. Laughter. Have you ever noticed how some laughs are just contagious?
29. Make-up. I'm such a girlie girl. I seriously LOVE make-up!
30. High heels. I’m fortunate to still be able to wear them - and I love how they look!
31. Book club. I’m non-compliant every month, but they love me anyway.
32. Autumn. My favorite season. I love when the leaves start to turn.
33. Being a sports mom. Love watching my kids play.
34. Traveling. Anywhere! I'm always up for a good adventure.
35. My life's challenges. In those moments, I didn't think particularly enjoy them, but they helped shape into who I am today.
36. Trying new things. It's so fun to step out of your comfort zone once in awhile.
37. Dancing at clubs, in the department store, around the living room, just because.
38. Expanding my mind. I love to learn as much as I can, everyday.
39. Chocolate. No elaboration needed.
40. The beach. Day or night.
42. Sparkly things. Anything with bling. LOVE it!
43. Movie nights. At home with my family. THE ABSOLUTE BEST!
44. Pizza. Truly, the perfect food.
45. Cooking. My family loves my cooking so I love creating healthy meals for them.
46. Shopping. Always fun to walk around and see what's in style, spend time with friends, family. Find great deals!
47. Healthy Momma Bee - I love helping others and inspiring them to take care of themselves.
This list makes me realize that I have just about anything and everything I could ever want. So, my wish this year as I blow out the candles of the birthday cake (that I will enjoy immensely) will be continued health, prosperity and happiness for myself, and those I love.
Celebrate with me and take one step towards better health and happiness today. Think about your life and your goals. What do you want to accomplish? What would you like to change? What are things in your life that you are most proud of?
Sometimes, when you stop long enough to appreciate it, life looks so much better.
Bee healthy. Bee happy.
If you enjoyed this post, visit my personal blog www.healthy-mommabee.com
for similar content. You can also find me on Facebook and Instagram as Healthy Momma Bee