"This is my gift to myself"
Sunday, July 09, 2017
I don't treat myself quite as often as I should, so I did several things this weekend that I am proud of. In no particular order:
- Took my bike to REI for a consult and left it there for them to do a good amount of tune-up/maintenance
- Bought myself a new pair of running shoes (Merrell is my favorite brand -- it seems to have a more consistent fit than others)
- Got my hair highlighted -- having no hair due to chemo last year, this was a huge deal for me. I must admit.. I was super nervous walking into a new salon and having a new colorist work on my hair. I was super pleased with the results. No cut -- just color for now. By September, it should be long enough for a trim to shape it up.
- Went to the spa for a wax. Not the most relaxing thing, but with summer here, it made sense to do it.
- My family and I went to the beach early this morning. I had planned out the night before that I would wear my workout gear and running shoes to the beach. Once our beach cabana tent was set up, off I went for a 40-minute jog. It was a very pleasant experience.. and when I hit those moments where I wanted to give up, I kept thinking, "This is my gift to myself."
I've decided to start using that as my new mantra to myself.. whether it's for exercising, making a conscious effort to cook a healthy meal, or finishing a task or activity that will make me a better person in some way. I plan to try this at least once a day to see if I can get some good momentum going.
Have a good evening, Sparkers. :)