Practice week tidbits for my new teamies!
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
As part of practice week leading up to the start of the 5% Summer Challenge, we have the option of writing three new things about us every day on our personal page, so we as teammates can learn new things about each other and comment on them. I changed a few things up the day I joined the team, but I've been unable to think of what else to stick in my profile since then.
A couple of teammates have put lists in their blogs instead, updating them with three new pieces of information every day. I think that's brilliant, and I am borrowing this idea to do myself!
Here are some tidbits about me:
1. I've lived in several places in my life. I was born near Rochester, New York, and lived there until I was 8. From 8 to 12, I lived in north-central Kentucky, 22 miles from Louisville and right by the Ohio River. From 12 to 24 I lived in the Blue Ridge region of Virginia. From 24 to 32 I lived in Toronto, Canada, with spates of visiting my love in England. And now I live in central England!
2. I feel jarred whenever I remember my age. I always feel I'm only 21 or so, and I can't believe I'm about to turn 33.
3. I can't deal with heat and high humidity. Anything over 75*F is a no-go for me. I feel nauseated, dizzy, confused, lethargic, and irrationally angry. When I lived in Kentucky and Virginia, I spent my summers locked up indoors with central air. In my first apartment in Toronto, we had central air because it was the basement of a house, and some summers were brutally hot for me. My second apartment was in an actual apartment building though, so no aircon. My roommates and I dealt with a window unit, iced coffees, and chilled gel packs plastered to the backs of our necks or stuffed into the middle of our bras. And now in England, homes don't have aircon whatsoever, so hubby and I make do with a fan and cold drinks.
4. I used to be a fairly prolific digital scrapbooker, made featured member once on a couple of sites (which are now gone forever) and was published twice in Somerset Digital Magazine.
5. I love visiting green, quiet places and connecting with Nature, but I'm definitely a city girl.
6. I'm a huge fan of inclement weather. The stormier, or windier, or snowier--the better.
7. I recently got addicted to bullet journaling. It's so much fun!
8. I was adopted by my biological mother's mom and stepdad.
9. I used to despise zucchini, but now I've begun to enjoy it!
10. The furthest north I have ever been on the globe was England's Lake District.
11. The furthest south I have ever been on the glove was Myrtle Beach.
12. I've been crocheting since 2010, but I can't get the hang of knitting whatsoever.
13. Most people seem to KNOW if they're ocean or mountain people. I'm both! I was an ocean girl for so many years, and then I went to Switzerland... :D
14. I'm off to northern England this evening and I'm hoping to explore some of the beautiful Lake District this weekend! Yay, lakes AND mountains!!
15. I've been creating art ever since I was able to hold a crayon. However, I'd really like to get better at it!