10 reasons why I'm grateful (BLC June BINGO challenge)
Tuesday, June 06, 2017
Since one of the BINGO tasks is to list 10 reasons why I am grateful, I thought I'd share it here. We all have those days when things look bleak and we need a little pick-me-up! Maybe this will do that for someone.
1. GOD'S LOVE - To know that a higher power (by whatever name one calls it) thinks that I'm spectacular, and worthy of love is mind boggling to me.
2. FAMILY AND FRIENDS - I lump these together because, for me, the lines blur. Family is much more than biology, but there's no reason family members can't be friends. These are the people that have been with me through thick and thin, and still want to be there!
3. SPARKPEOPLE - I am so thankful to have this loving, supportive community of people who truly understand what I'm going through! Also, see #2! Lol
4. MY HEALTH - I know it sounds cliche, but I'm SO grateful that my health has improved in the past 8 months! When the Dr said I had "prediabetes", I came home and rejoined SP that day! I can proudly say that I am no longer considered prediabetic, and my blood pressure numbers have improved, too!
5. FOOD - I may not have exactly WHAT I want WHEN I want, but I have plenty of good, healthy food to eat.
6. WATER - Even more important, FRESH water! Until I started SP, I wasn't a big water drinker. Now that I drink water most of the time, I'm able to taste the subtle differences in the water from different places. Some are REALLY terrible, so I'm glad mine's good most of the time.
7. MY PUPS - OK, so only 1 of the pups is actually mine, but they both motivate me to get moving. Bear has taken it as his duty to get me up and walking every day, but Maggie is always game to exercise! Lol
8. SLEEP - Since I've started back to college, time has become a limited resource. Unfortunately, that means sleep slips some, too. Luckily, there's the weekend! Lol
9. COFFEE - Not gonna lie, coffee is hands-down my favorite beverage. I've even been working on reducing how much creamer I add!
10. TECHNOLOGY - My smartphone allows me to track my food, water, and exercise. It also helps new stay connected to my family that lives far away!