Spark Guy - How to handle set backs - notes to self!!!
Monday, May 15, 2017
The following is copied directly from this SparkGuy blog post:
I AM COPYING IT HERE SO I CAN EASILY FIND IT WHEN I NEED IT!
"As a conclusion, here is your 7-step recipe for handling any types of setbacks that come your way:
1) Give yourself a pep talk including forgiving yourself if necessary
2) Review your reasons for being healthy and fit, goals, and vision collage – so that you can build determination to overcome setbacks by knowing what you are fighting for (goals and vision collage will be future activities)
3) Think about what you can learn from the setback and write those lessons down in some form of a journal
4) Ask for help and support from someone if you need it (including the SP community)
5) Set a small goal – the smallest possible goal that you can reach quickly. Importantly, write it down.
6) Go reach that goal and check it off your list.
7) Repeat steps 4 and 5 as many times as possible until you feel like you are back on track! Then once you are back on track continue repeating steps 4 and 5 for the rest of your life! Haha. That’s funny because it’s true ☺."
This feels so do-able and like it will work. Giving up because of set backs has been something that I've struggled with so many times. And what I'm determined not to do this time. Weigh in tomorrow - some high points and some low points last week. May need to follow these steps to help keep me moving forward.