When the cat's away this fat mouse will make her own dinners I guess
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
My handsome, perfect, lovely husband has gone on a business trip for a week. Once he returns, he will just pack up and go on another trip for another week. And then a little after that he is going back to his family in Pennsylvania for his baby shower -- without me!
To be clear, I encouraged him to go on all these trips. Neither of us will do much traveling when baby comes, and I certainly don't want to get on a plane with my current levels of motion sickness, soreness and fatigue. I'm glad he is getting all of this travel done before the baby is ready, but I will miss him!
So I have to plan.
Just as Sparkpeople recommends, planning is the first step toward success. I'll set up little, easy goals for my week alone and match them with a reward system as incentive.
1) Make zucchini chocolate muffins for second breakfast
-After eating breakfast in the morning I usually need a little carby boost around 9. Baking myself up some muffins will help me return to the kitchen and my love of baking, as well as making sure I get good nutrition daily.
2) Walk 10,000 steps 4 times while hubs is away
-The weather is beautiful and now is the time to enjoy walking (while I can do it!)
3) Plan an evening activity, even if it is just a movie, for every night that he is away
-This will help me not get too sad or lonely without him.
REWARDS (the best part)
1) If I make my muffins, I will reward myself by buying some fancy muffin wrappers to encourage me to make them again!
2) If I walk all my steps, I will walk myself on down to the olde ice cream shoppe and get a small cone to enjoy in the sun
3) This already sounds like a reward in itself!