40 Things About Me
Monday, March 27, 2017
Borrowed from MISSDORKNESS, ONEKIDSMOM, POLSKARENIA, et. al.:
Learn 40 things about your friends and let them learn 40 things about you.
1. Do you like blue cheese?
Only on buffalo wings.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes?
Yes, in college, always accompanying social drinking.
3. Do you own a gun?
4. What is your favorite sweet drink?
5. Do you hold any diploma(s), degree(s) or certification(s)?
BS in Civil & Construction Engineering Technology
6. At a BBQ - what's your favourite food?
7. What is your favorite movie
It's a tie between The Princess Bride and the Keira Knightley Pride & Prejudice
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning:
9. Can you do a push-up?
Yes but not a good one.
10. What's your favorite color?
right now it's dark teal
11. Do you have a hobby?
Just one? I'm a wellness blogger, hoping to turn that in to a career and I'm working on a cookbook. I'm selling Younique makeup. Macro photography.
12. Do you have A.D.D?
13. Do you wear glasses?
Yes, and I love them. They're part of my look.
14. Who were your teen crushes?
Layne Staley, Jeff Ament, Ed Kowalczyk
15. Name three goals you have for this year?
To finish the text for my cookbook and take all the photos myself. To earn enough extra money from my makeup side business to feel as if I'm getting closer to financial independence. To drop my body fat percentage and maintain my weight loss.
16. Name three drinks you drink regularly.
Water, coffee, Coke Zero (although not presently since I'm on a clean eating plan)
17. Current worries?
Not being brave enough to finish the tasks I set for myself. The current situation of my marriage. Not being disciplined enough to shed the fat over my muscle.
18. Name three things (not people) you enjoy/love.
deep, intense conversation, nature, art
19. Favorite place to be
with good friends
20. How did you bring in the new year?
half asleep on the couch
21. Where would you like to go?
Tahiti, Alsace, back to Ireland
22. Name two worst diets you've been on.
some cleanse where I had to drink a liquid that tasted like bile, slim fast
23. Do you own slippers?
24. Name three favorite books.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Villains by Necessity by Eve Forward, The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. LeGuin
25. Do you like sleeping in satin sheets or flannel sheets?
I either like low thread count sheets (high thread count always feel dirty to me) or flannel.
26. What are 3 of your "go to" meals?
I'm a planner and I like to make different food every week, but my fallbacks are Ethiopian Sweet Potato & Lentil Stew, Homemade Ham & Pineapple Pizza, and Crunchy Pork Chops w/ Garlicky Spinach & Tomato Salad
27. Where are you now?
On my couch with my feet up watching Starship Troopers
28. If you could do anything for an occupation, no holds barred, what would it be?
Maybe host a cooking show, as long as it wasn't a Food Network contract where I'd have to do really dumb stuff to fulfill my contract
29. What is your favorite outfit?
pencil skirt with low heels and a feminine top or slim cut capris with a sheer top
30. What's on your playlist right now?
my current obsession is Sucker for Pain by Wiz Khalifa from the Suicide Squad soundtrack
31. Favorite foods?
peanut butter, chicken parm, pizza
32. What's on your mind lately?
lost love, summer trips, turning 36
33. Last time you belly laughed?
last week but I can't remember why
34. What's your favorite animal?
dogs for pets, otters for cuteness
35. What's your worst injury?
I put my hand through a glass door when I was in 2nd grade and needed 3 stitches on my wrist .
36. How many TVs in your house?
Three, a 27" old school tv from the late 90s, a 32" 720p hdtv, and our newest, a 40" 4k tv we got on Black Friday
37. Silliest (truly silly, non-life threatening) action you've done to lose weight.
that stupid gross cleanse I paid a lot of money for
38. Do you like to dance?
Yes, but I don't do it in public because I never did it formally
39. Share about an awesome trip you've taken or place you've visited.
In 2005 my bestie and I spent 35 days in Great Britain and Ireland. Most amazing trip! I've also visited my husband's family in the Azores.
40. Do you enjoy camping?
yes, for a long weekend but not much more. and I need toilets!
Feel free to play along in your own blog, and let me know you have so I can come read YOUR 40 things!