Sunday, March 26, 2017
Copied from my friend Suze Thanks! :)
Learn 40 things about your friends and let them learn 40 things about you.
1. Do you like blue cheese?
Very much so. Lately best with almonds, cranberries, apples (or pears) and crunchy salad.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes?
I shared one with a friend at a bar when I was about 19. Yuck.
3. Do you own a gun?
4. What is your favourite sweet drink?
5. Do you hold any diploma(s), degree(s) or certification(s)?
Not from the US. I did my apprenticeship in a big hotel in my home in Germany, which equals Hotel Management. Had to work a few months in each possible department of the hotel and learned everything from the ground up.
6. At a BBQ - what's your favourite food?
Roasted Veggies and lots of mushrooms.
7. What is your favorite movie:
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Liz Taylor and Paul Newman
Sleepless in Seattle
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning:
Black Tea with milk
9. Can you do a push-up?
Modified and with a whimper
10. What's your favorite colour?
Lime Green, and any other green shade after that
11. Do you have a hobby?
Playing World of Warcraft, knitting, watching shows on Netflix, reading, music.
12. Do you have A.D.D?
Not at all.
13. Do you wear glasses?
Bifocals since I turned 40 ish
14. Who were your teen crushes?
Roger Taylor (Queen's drummer), Robert Redford, Alain Delon
15. Name three goals you have for this year?
Regular Yoga routine, finish my charity knitting projects, organize my home
16. Name three drinks you drink regularly.
Black Tea, coffee, water
17. Current worries?
Keeping my sanity in my job, caring for my senior dog, not being a good enough friend.
18. Name three things (not people) you enjoy/love.
Quiet days at home, spring time birds singing, walking in the park
19. Favorite place to be?
home on my couch with my hubby and my dogs
20. How did you bring in the new year?
watching a show in my bed by my lonesome with a nice glass of fruit punch and my dogs.
21. Where would you like to go?
Heaven if He'll have me
22. Name two worst diets you've been on.
I think I did the Cabbage Soup diet for one day, and then added salt to the soup and it became one of our all time favorite soups to make all year round. Rice diet. Ate plain saltless rice for breakfast, and by lunch time, I added spices and veggies to it and loved it. Guess I am quite the diet failure :)
23. Do you own slippers?
My mother brings and sends me slippers on a regular basis. I keep and love them all.
24. Name three favourite books.
They Cage The Animals At Night by Jennings Michael Burch
The Will Trent Crime series by Karin Slaughter
The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
25. Do you like sleeping in satin sheets or flannel sheets?
Flannel, since I am always cold.
26. What are 3 of your "go to" meals.
Fried egg with cheese, ketchup and toast
Pasta with Veggie Sauce
Greek Yogurt with Chia, Berries and Honey
27. Where are you now?
On my couch at home, snuggled up with the poodle.
28. If you could do anything for an occupation, no holds barred, what would it be?
Training puppies to get them ready for adoption and a knitting business on the side.
29. What is your favourite outfit?
jeans and my husbands L.L. Bean flannel shirts.
30. What's on your playlist right now?
31. Favorite foods?
Sour Lentil stew with home made egg noodles.
Home made egg noodles with cheese and caramelized onions,
My Mom's potato dumplings with mushroom cream sauce.
32. What's on your mind lately?
Why I stay in such a stressful, chaotic job.
33. Last time you belly laughed?
34. What's your favorite animal?
35. What's your worst injury?
Slipped on ice some years ago, and busted my knee. Was on crutches for weeks.
36. How many TVs in your house?
3, living room, guest room, bedroom. Might as well get rid of them, because we canceled cable. Don't even watch TV.
37. Silliest (truly silly, non-life threatening) action you've done to lose weight.
Jogging. My hip joints are still crying.
38. Do you like to dance?
I adore Step Aerobics when my knees can take it. Does that count?
39. Share about an awesome trip you've taken or place you've visited.
Best to date, my Winter trip with my sister down to NYC while she visited from Germany last November. We enjoyed every minute of the Christmas markets and lights everywhere, the perfect temperature, the Carousel ride in Central Park, eating at Grand Central Station, laughing, drinking wine and enjoying time together. What an amazing trip.
40. Do you enjoy camping?
Absolutely not!! Too cold, too many critters, not enough comfort, where are the bathrooms?
If you would like to do this too, please let me know so that I can visit your blog and learn more about you.