I Lost 3.2 Pounds This Week!
Friday, February 24, 2017
How did I do it?
1. Ignoring a lot of "naughty" foods: cookies, chips, extra pasta servings, dinners out...
2. Eating foods that are REALLY good for me: smoothies, Greek yogurt with fruit, turkey sandwiches loaded with veggies, lean protein with pre-calculated side dishes, TONS of salad.
3. Re-introducing exercise after re-gaining control of food. Otherwise I convince myself that I need the extra fuel or that "I deserve it," which leads to overeating and binges.
4. Tracking everything -- and tracking BEFORE eating when possible
5. Recognizing my binge triggers: stress at work, stress from husband's political rants, stress from the media (I'm done watching), and feelings of hopelessness over a lack of control. I'm working on building my defense mechanisms.
I owe a big thanks to my Starfish and Living Binge Free teams and to my Spark Friends. You have really sparked me, and I'm changing my life.