Weight & How We Wrap Our Head Around It
Monday, December 05, 2016
More about my astonishing feat of having gone this past year with only a 2# weight gain:
I was flabbergasted as I have been very scale-averse this past year. At first I just didn't want to have "one more thing" to keep track of. I felt confident in my food choices, so who needs the scale, right?
But as the year progressed it began to feel like I was gaining weight as I could swear my clothes were feeling tighter. I have to admit to feeling like an ostrich around the scales that I wouldn't get on.
So I finally "get over it," hop on the scale and what a RELIEF it was to see I'd only picked up a couple pounds! It really is such a testimony to my food choices being so awesome for myself. Also a testimony on the vital importance of food being closer to 90% of the way to lose weight, with physical activity being the remaining 10%.
Weight, and how we wrap our head around it, is such a weird thing, isn't it?
But slacking on workouts has really cost me my fitness and I REALLY HATE not feeling up to snuff!
PLUS I figure it probably costs me INCHES and explains the tightness of clothes as my body has lost it's tone and likely has s-p-r-e-a-d.
So it's back in the saddle I go, slugging my way back to feeling fit and trim!