I've been busy with work, sick kids and a sick hubby while trying to tell myself that I'm not sick because I don't have time to be sick. While I've tried to be sure to log in most every day of November to at least spin the wheel and get credit for being here, I've had days where I just haven't had the time and/or the energy to do my blog posts. So once again, I'm catching up. Without further ado:
30 Days of Gratitude - Days 24 - 27
1) I am grateful for Police Officers, Firefighters, EMS Personnel, 911 Dispatchers, Hospital Staff - all those that don't get "holidays" and do their jobs pretty much 24/7/365. Without them, many of us would be in trouble of some sort I'm sure.
2) I am grateful for time spent with family - though it wasn't all of us that got together, those of us that did had a nice evening sharing good food and great laughs. It's taken me awhile, but I actually like my family more as an adult than I ever did as a kid or teenager. Go figure.
3) I am grateful for an early evening home to just relax with my husband and that neither of us has anywhere to go first thing in the morning.
4) I am grateful for memories - both sweet and sad - because memories mean I have lived, I have done things, I have been places, I have spent time with people, I have travelled, I have done more than just exist.
5) I am grateful for the loving heart I have - while I get hurt more than I like to, I just keep loving those in my life. Even those who I don't have daily contact with, or only monthly or holiday only contact with - I am grateful for each and every one of them. In their own way, each person in my life has helped shape me in some way or another.
1) I am grateful for the day off today - even though I'm bummed to lose out on the time at work and a little bit of income, I'm grateful for the time to rest and recharge because the rest of the year is going to be busy!
2) I am grateful for the opportunity to purchase ~ A LOT ~ of clothes - many still brand new - for a very low price. It allowed me to expand my wardrobe for things to wear to work since I don't have an actual uniform at this studio. I can wear colors!!
3) I am grateful for the chance to watch hubby bartend at DSC tonight - one of the bartenders was sent home sick and he was asked to step in (again) and I got to work Security in his place then. It also made for extra income which is needed this time of year for sure.
4) I am grateful that my parents are able and willing to spend time with their grandsons and let them stay the night more often lately so my hubby and I can both work when we have the opportunity to. Often it feels like we're Sisyphus with getting bills and rent paid and getting on even ground, but we keep at it no matter what. Someday the gods will have mercy on us and we can stop rolling the stone uphill.
5) I am grateful for all the interesting ways to keep in touch with friends - from texting to IMing to games and more - moments where I'm connected to friends are my favorites.
1) I am grateful I didn't lose all of my hours at work today, that the boss and I both went in to have the studio open for a few hours. I even had two clients booked already so I knew it would be a good day. I'm also grateful that I didn't have to be at work at 8 AM like we might have needed to if a client had ever called us back to say yes to that time slot for her & her significant other to get a massage together.
2) I am grateful that hubby got to rest a good portion of the day today in peace while I was at work at the boys were still at my parents' house. He needs the rest so much right now. My poor guy.
3) I am grateful for good quotes - ones to lift your spirits, rally the troops, make you laugh, make you think, make you feel. I cannot often find the best words for my thoughts and/or feelings so I'm always grateful when I come across someone who has the best words!
4) I am grateful for music - again, and always. Singing at the top of your lungs to a good song with a good beat almost always instantly improves a bad mood.
5) I am grateful to be a Browncoat and that Shepherd Book's words will always live on.
1) I am grateful to have had one last day to sleep in today. Again, the rest of this year is going to be busy and I can use as much sleep as I can get it when I can get it.
2) I am grateful to be the one my friends turn to/call on when they need help, advice, whatever. It makes me feel good knowing they think of me in their time of need, that I am a good enough friend to them to be called upon.
3) I am grateful that my kids went to bed tonight without a lot of fuss or arguments. That's not always an easily accomplished thing!
4) I am grateful for surprise discounts when they're needed most! Hubby went to put fuel in the car tonight on his way to work and our discount card wasn't our usual 3 cent discount, it was a 10 cent discount! He got fuel for $1.96/gallon! Woo-Hoo!
5) I am grateful for the Angels that are always watching over us - every moment of every day, there whenever we need them, showering us with unconditional Love and acceptance. We truly are loved always and never alone.