I have to admit, between yesterday and today I'm having a difficult time focusing on gratitude. Chump is not who I voted for and I am worried for my children, for many friends I have of non-white race, and so many more that he has bashed throughout his entire campaign. While many are placated by his speech, I am not. Not yet. I will *NEVER* be on the Chump-wagon, but maybe, *MAYBE* if he truly makes the changes he says he will I can at least afford him a grudging respect. Maybe.
In the mean time, let me see if I can find some things to be grateful for between yesterday and today:
Day 8 -
1) I am grateful to have made the choice to avoid all internet and social media the majority of the day and reading a good book instead. It kept my blood pressure and nerves in check much better that way.
2) I am grateful we got safely to and from my in-laws house to spend a little time celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday.
3) I am grateful for deciding to go to sleep before all of the election results were done. My sanity and well-being meant more than staying up watching the numbers all jumping back and forth. I actually slept decently well, too.
4) I am grateful for the company of a good friend online when I needed someone to just shoot the breeze with. Especially one I don't get the chance to chat with too often.
5) I am grateful for being introduced to new (addicting!) music from said good friend. Take a listen for yourself and you'll see what I mean:
Day 9 -
1) I am grateful for a busy day at my new job. Today was my 4th shift and I had 3 clients today! At least one will be a return client as she scheduled her next session before she left today.
2) I am grateful that, though my hubby had a fall & hit his head today, that he is home safe and resting. He has had so many concussions that each successive one scares me now. I am thankful that his angels were watching over him.
3) I am grateful that my boss called me just as I was getting home to check in that hubby was doing better. I'm the newest employee, but she still took the time to check on my family. She had offered to stay for my final client so I could leave if I needed to as well, but I didn't need to.
4) I am grateful for posts on facebook that help me feel a little better dealing with all that has happened in the past 24 hours... this is the one I am most grateful for today:
5) I am grateful for well-written articles that also help me feel a little better about all that has happened in the past 24 hours. This is that article: