Okay - I have a lot of catching up to do today so here goes:
Day 2 -
1) I started my new job at a new massage studio - feels fantastic to be back at work again doing what I love!
2) I had 2 clients right away on my first day - boss/owner said that doesn't usually happen.
3) My kids behaved while being stuck at work with Gene & I - we were expecting a bigger crowd because of the World Series Game 7 that night but were able to head home during the rain delay.
4) I got to watch the Chicago Cubs win the World Series while curled up in my PJs in bed with my hubby and kids - great way to watch history be made!
5) CHICAGO CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!
Day 3 -
1) Got the kids to school on time even after such a late night celebrating
2) Spent a quiet day relaxing because I worked that night with hubby again
3) Grateful the kids were able to stay at my parents' house for the few hours hubby & I needed to work, made it a little less difficult to do the job when I didn't have to worry about where they were and what they were doing.
4) Though hubby took himself to the ER due to high blood sugar he was able to be rehydrated with a couple of IV bags and sent home instead of being kept for observation.
5) Hubby found out why he'd been so run down and tired the past week or so - his blood work at the hospital said he had the flu. He'd had a flu shot, but caught a strain he wasn't protected against. At least now he knew what he was up against & what was messing with his blood sugars.
Day 4 -
1) After yet another late night I got the kids to school on time and even made it to work on time and had another 2 clients on my second day.
2) Though it made me very tired - I had a lot of work on Friday! Worked at the studio from 10 AM till just before 6 PM (had two clients again) then headed to the bar and worked there from 7 PM till 2 AM.
3) Silly as it sounds I was grateful to get the breakfast sandwich I'd had a taste for from Burger King because their breakfast hours were a little longer than I remembered them to be. That helped start my morning off on a yummy note.
4) Coffee. These days I am almost as grateful for coffee as I am for books! You all know how grateful I am for books! LOL
5) Music. Without music to help lift my spirits and energize my moods I don't know where I would be. When I'm tired I turn on music with beat and rhythm and uplifting lyrics and just sing along at the top of my lungs and after just a little while I feel better. Bonus when you put coffee and music together!
Day 5 -
1) Though I was later getting to work than I wanted to be the one client I had was still very happy with how her massage went even though it got going a little late. I felt I handled the whole situation well and was grateful I didn't panic.
2) Shiny. I am grateful for the word shiny. LOL I went to Starbucks for a chai tea after work and said "Shiny" while I was ordering. When I got to the window I was greeted with much happiness and enthusiasm for being a fellow Browncoat. Seems that one simple word made a lot of the staff happy that day. Got to love a good fandom.
3) Having the night off. I usually work Saturday nights but was given the night off last night. Hubby still had to work, but it wasn't as insane of a crowd as it had been Friday night.
4) Snuggling with my kids to watch cartoons. Moments like that will never get old for me. Not only does it allow my inner kid to have fun, I get time to just be with my kids while they still want to hang with mom.
5) Technology. Being able to text, IM and/or call just about anyone at any time and keep in touch with people. I love that it's brought a lot of people back around in my life.
Day 6 -
1) Sleep. I finally had a night of sleep. Darn near 12 hours of it too!! Fell asleep around 10:30 or so last night, woke up a few times here and there but mostly slept until 11 AM!! I almost feel human again!!
2) Books. Today is a day where I curl up with a good book and just chill while my kids do homework, play on their computers or whatever, and just enjoy the day.
3) Being off until Wednesday now. After such a crazy schedule last week with everything, I have a few days to rest my body and recharge my batteries.
4) Love. No matter what, when given away with no expectations of anything in return, it can feel pretty darn good to just love someone.
5) "Hope. Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night." (Bonus points if anyone can tell me the movie that quote is from. Seriously though I love that quote because it speaks true about hope.)