Look Up And Appreciate Nature
Friday, October 14, 2016
Walking has always been one of my favorite exercises and I get out several times each day starting with an early walk with our dog.
With the change of seasons it has hit me that not only is walking a great exercise, but it allows us to see and appreciate the most amazing things:
* In the quiet morning the deer are grazing on the lawn
* The early morning mist rises off the street
* The sunrise is glorious
* The fall colors are starting to come out and the colors are amazing
* The sky as I walk around the fitness center campus is a clear robin's egg blue
* the mountains off in the distant are majestic
Too often I just walk and keep my gaze focused straight ahead. Have to remember to look up and out and take time to thank my lucky stars that we live in such a wondrous world and that I can get out and enjoy it.