For the Week 5 WEC (weekend challenge), we're supposed to blog about what we're doing right. Initially, I was thinking that since I've been essentially plateauing since June, I probably wasn't doing much right but reading the blogs of the other Ninjas has provided some motivation.
1. I haven't given up and I won't give up. I'm in for the long haul despite how long it's taking.
2. I'm getting back into the routine of hiking. I love hiking but I took the summer off because it was just too muggy and buggy to enjoy it. I just need to make it routine again because I always feel better when I hike.
3. I've been doing an exercise video self-challenge of doing all my exercise videos in alphabetical order by type of workout, i.e. cardio one day and cardio w/ST or ST only the next day.
4. I am more conscious of eating clean and healthily. And, in fact, when I do eat something junky, am less than satisfied.
5. I participate in the weekly challenges even when it's not 100%.
6. I have been tracking my food and exercise for almost two years straight and that's motivating enough to keep me doing it. It's not always pretty but it's so much of a habit that I feel weird if I even think about skipping it.
7. I rarely buy or store unhealthy food at home so if I do want something junky, it's not an easy fix. If there's nothing unhealthy in the house to eat, I'm much less likely to eat poorly.
8. I read food labels and recipe nutritional data and if a serving has too much sugar or sodium or too little protein or fibre, I'm less likely to buy it/make it.
9. I try to eat mindfully all the time even on vacation. I'm so over the days of gaining back all the weight it just took me the past 6 months to lose in the one week of vacation.