Bring on October!
Saturday, October 01, 2016
Heyyyyy Spark family! Woken up on this lovely sunny (which is strange for London!) 1st October morning feeling pumped and raring to go. Hope you all are too. But where has the year gone?! It's absolutely flown by. And all of a sudden I'm 6 weeks away from my 30th birthday. Yayyyy and crayyyy at the same time! lol
So I wanted to check myself and see how I did against my September goals. I said I would:
1. Weigh myself every week for accountability. Achieved and then some. I almost need to 'scale back' (pun intended lol) on the weighing so as not to drive myself crazy. I did however weigh myself at my manfriends house last week and it showed me a whole 5.5kg less than the scales at my house! 😳 He said he's 10000% sure his scales are correct. I'm going to need to get a third scale opinion. For now, I'll stick with the weight shown on my scales.
2. Drink at least 3 litres of water a day. Done except one day (that I can remember). And that was the day I binged like crazy. But moving on swiftly...
3. Plan ahead for success at Centerparcs weekender. Totally achieved and I'm so freaking proud of myself for this one. Went away for a long weekend with 11 of my friends and usually it's a carb and alcohol fest. But I ate spot on all weekend, did sh*t tons of exercise, kept active, and everyone commented on how amazing I was and how great my body was looking in my bikini! Ker-ching!
4. Try a new workout video once a week. Not really achieved. But I did do a few videos this month.
5. Wake up early at least one morning and go gym. Achieved all except for this week. So I'll take it.
6. Lose 9lbs. Didn't quite get there but I did have 3 days this month where I ate crap upon crap. I lost 8lbs this month and I will absolutely take it.
So what's occurring for October? Big push before my birthday month. Going to have some real obstacles this month that I have to push through. First I'm going on holiday for a week in Spain to visit my bestie who's filming a new show out there. She's a bit of a food and alcohol pusher so I need to watch out for that! Also I'm travelling to the Netherlands and Germany for work next week so I'll be living out of a hotel from Sunday night to Friday. That's going to be tough. No kitchen, I won't have my food scale, my lovely kitchen gadgets! Not really looking forward to it but I'll make it work. I made sure both hotels I'll be staying in had a gym so I'll definitely get some exercise in.
My goals for October:
1. Weigh myself every week for accountability. Try not to weigh more than 3 times a week or you'll go mental.
2. Aim for a 6.8lb loss. Totally doable if you stick with the lifestyle.
3. Stick with the StrongLifts 5x5 programme. Which means you'll have to go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
4. Start jogging outside again. Small goal: 10 road miles minimum this month.
And that's me done. Bring it on October! I got this!