This month has been rough in terms of weight loss and just in general. I feel tired and very run down. My husband was laid off, but luckily was hired and began a new job today. As always we had a ton of medical appointments. Also the kids began school, and that was different because my son has school in our home in the mornings and then I take him to a place in the afternoon. Most days are just a whirlwind of activity.
There are a plethora of excuses and justifications but the bottom line is, I am still not making my weightloss a priority. I just feel like I am in triage mode a lot and I keep getting sick. The kids seem to be bringing things home. Everyone in the house went down this week with a virus. I am still not feeling all too well. My lack of resources and committment, it is like a broken record, and i wonder how to get it to stop playing. I know a big part of it starts with getting my finances in order and making time for myself. Not to mention, I have to get over the being sick all the time. That probably is the most frustrating of the three.
As for the medical appointments, it was bittersweet. My daughter is finally out of her back brace and that was so exciting. My son's on the other hand, his EEG did not go well. We suspected he was having seizures, but it still felt numbing when it was confirmed. We will know more next week. The amount of medical tests I have had this month are numerous. I just had an endoscopy on Monday and it was no fun. I still have a few more tests to go, but I feel like a lot of things are coming to an end and settling down. Very grateful that most of my tests are coming out negative or with results that are not too serious.
On a happier note, it was my husband and daughters birthdays this month. I think despite money challenges, I did a good job celebrating both of them.
End of month/October goals:
1. Get everybody over this virus
2. Plan A's birthday party
3. Passport Renewal/DMV/SSI (as soon as money permits)
4. Work on Case Adjournment
5. Decorate House with kids
6. Put together a Budget
7. Call benefits/retirement and see about the transfer
9. Picture Days for kids
10. Finish Medical Testing
11. Get Kids Cold Weather Gear Together
12. Begin to work on gov. contracts for extra income
My personal goals:
1. Drink More Water
Action Step-have water bottles readily available at all times
2. Take a multi-vitamin to help with iron/vitamin d deficiencies
3. Look into clean eating, and meals with more fiber for the kids/keep protein bars on hand for easy snacking so you don't reach for garbage because it is fast.
4. Begin to work out consistently
5. Get car situated/lease is up this month
6. Get tooth straightened out
7. Find one thing a week that requires you to leave the house and be around others (maybe a knitting class).