Fall 2016 5% Challenge - Motivation
Friday, September 16, 2016
Today's assignment is to list 10 reasons you want to lose weight. What do you want to change? How do you want to look? How do you want to feel? What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body? And list all the OTHER things that you want to change!
My 10 reasons for wanting to lose weight are:
1. I want to be able to get up and down from the floor.
2. I want to be able to climb the stairs without pain in my knees.
3. I want to be able to sleep without a CPAP machine.
4. I want to be able to quit taking insulin and other diabetic medications.
5. I want to get off high blood pressure medication.
6. I want to be able to shop in the Misses section for clothes.
7. I want to have space between me and the sides of the chair when I sit.
8. I want to be able to reach my feet to put on socks and shoes without a struggle.
9. I want to sit in a chair without fear that I will break the chair.
10. I don't want to be morbidly obese any more.
I will succeed. I will get there one step at a time. The 5% Challenges will help me arrive at my destination in Healthy Land. I don't know why it is, but I just know that I do much better when I am participating in the challenge. I struggle to maintain my weight in between challenges. I hate that weight that I have lost, comes back to me so easily. It makes me realize that when I reach goal weight, I will still be taking part in these challenges to help me to maintain my weight. Better to realize that now, rather than after gaining back all the weight and more. This is a lifestyle battle. I need to keep working at it so all the lifestyle changes become a habit. Old habits die hard. It takes me a long time working on new habits to replace the old ones. But I can see the changes. For the first time in my life, I'm getting in the water I need to drink on a regular basis. I am exercising, but I don't feel confident enough to say that it is a habit, but I know that I am close to it. I will just keep working on all the baby steps and build my confidence in what I am doing to reach my goals. I want to work on my cooking skills next. I want to be able to have a variety of dishes that I feel comfortable preparing. I tend to stick to same old ones. It will be my next adventure.