S.M.A.R.T. Goals for BLC32
Wednesday, September 07, 2016
S.M.A.R.T. Goals are:
1. Goals that are put down in writing - lose weight.
2. Goals are specific and measurable - lose 10 pounds by the end of 2016
3. Goals are attainable and realistic - they are.
4. Goals have a specific timeline - it does.
5. Goals are significant. Before you can get really motivated to accomplish a given goal, you must aspire to accomplish something that's personally meaningful. Ask yourself the "5 Why's" you want it:
- I want to look better
- I want to feel better
- I want a healthy BMI
- I want less stress on my knees
- I want to live a long time
- I want to do activities like hiking without pain
- I want to fit into smaller sized clothing
6. Set some behaviour goals which are the type of goal that you can directly control; it's an action you can choose to do every day to help you reach your end goal:
- I will exercise a minimum of 6 days a week with at least 2 days of ST
- I will track and stay in range 90% of the time
- I will be the best teammate and co-leader to the other Ninjas because they motivate me to do my best
7. Spread the word about your goals. Who will you tell?
- I will tell SP (this blog)
- I will tell my husband and sisters
- I will tell my work friends
8. Be accountable to at least one other person.
- My accountability buddies are my SP friends especially my Ninja friends who are doing this with me.
9. Set up a reward system.
- For every 5 lbs I lose, I will buy a new item of clothing
- If I don't lose 10 pounds, I'll donate what I don't lose to charity, i.e. for every pound I don't lose, I will donate $1 per pound to charity