Tame Your Sweet Tooth Challenge Day 20
Saturday, August 20, 2016
So, today's challenge is to write a list of why I'm cutting back on sugar. Also, to blog about sugar cravings.
And admission here - we went out to dinner with friends last night. I was the only one who didn't get dessert. I *did* have a half tsp bite of both my DH's chocolate mousse and my friend's creme brulee. It was a classic French restaurant and they did both really right. I didn't want any more than I had. I also had a glass of wine. When I got home I got sweaty and went into one of my rare panic attacks. This happened the last time I had alcohol. Clearly, my body doesn't want alcohol. I'm also thinking the tiny (and really, they were tiny) bites also played around with my psyche and metabolism.
Today I'm feeling under the weather - fluish. I'm also experiencing anxiety for the first time since last December, I believe? I decided to read up about sugar withdrawal and guess what? Everything I'm feeling can be part of that, especially in the first two weeks. This is so good to know. I planned on starting to add a tiny bit of added sugar each day once I was done with the challenge, but now, I think I'm going to keep it out of my system. And my list - here's why:
1. I'm trying to tame overall inflammation in my body. Less sugar, for me, equals less pain.
2. I'm trying to feel more centered at all times - sugar really wreaks havoc with my moods.
3. When I'm in less pain I can exercise and I truly love to do my dancing, etc.
4. Sugar is a possible factor in cancer and my mother, sister and father all died of cancer.
5. I don't tend to want as many carbs when I'm not eating sugar - am much more fruit/veggie/protein centered now.
6. Wow, do regular foods taste BETTER without sugar.
7. Hoping it will help me drop pounds, as well - I know this can be an effect for some people.
So... yeah, to me that's an incredibly strong list.