Manager Dinner and decision updates
Friday, July 22, 2016
Had the dinner with my manager last night. Of course, her first thing was to trash the other brokerage. Recruiting 101--don't trash another place show me what makes yours so much better. I didn't tell her where I was thinking of going. She figured it out as a lot of big named agents have moved there.
She then proceeded to make it seem like she was going to do us a really big favor and it took a lot for her to get our vice president to agree to it. It sounded like she was going to pay both mine and my husband's fees for E&O insurance and GMAR dues and give us $3500 which she could do in one lump sum. I was having trouble figuring that out. Oh and she was going to increase my commission by 10%.
My husband interpreted it differently. He interpreted it that she was going to give us the $3500 to offset the expenses of having him become an agent instead of my licensed assistant. He was right. He called her today. She also told him we would not be able to get the $3500 at one time. It would be over the course of the year. OK so I have to come up with $2500 out of pocket and pay monthly for my husband to have MLS.
That is not a good deal for us in any way shape or form. The other brokerage is the same for everyone. All agents start at 70% commission (which is what I am at now) after they pay their CAP fee everyone goes to 100% commission. Yes, you buy your own signs. Here, they supply our signs, but I am still paying for them because after we are done paying the CAP fee here, they still take a percentage from me all year long.
I think I have made up my mind. I'm thinking we will park my husband's license with the other Brokerage. I will stay with this one until I finish my August closings. Right now, my husband is parked with the state so he has no brokerage affiliation. The nice thing about Brian starting there first is I come in under him. All of our sales go through me. They have profit sharing so he will get a percentage of anything I sell. That is huge.
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
My husband Brian ran all the numbers. With the higher commission and cash they are giving us at our current brokerage, we would take a huge hit if we left now. If we make the move, it will be January. I called the other brokerage to tell her that we were putting off our move until then as we would take a huge financial hit if we left now. Saw a whole different side to her when I told her if we make a move, it will be at a later time. Wow , she attacked my current brokerage and told me that they don't know what they are doing and couldn't understand how we would make a decision based on finances. Huh??? Finances mean a lot. It is how I pay my bills. Now, I don't think I would ever go there. Totally unprofessional. It actually turns out that the other brokerage would have cost us more than the current one. My current manager never was unprofessional. This one was almost actually yelling at me. This one called me stupid for not coming to her.
Don't think I would ever go there. She should have said that obviously the decision is up to me and she would be happy to have us whenever we chose to move there.