So, I'm one of those people who gets bored with doing the same thing all the time especially exercise (except hiking and swimming, which I love doing anytime
) and because I get bored easily with my exercise, I usually buy myself a new workout to do so consequently, I have over 150 workouts on DVD.
I'm also the type of person who likes to track things on a spreadsheet and make lists. I track my exercise on a spreadsheet and I also have a list of my exercise DVDs on a separate worksheet in my Daily Exercise Record spreadsheet with various columns like instructor, brand name, name of workout, type of workout (Cardio, ST [Strength Training], Cardio & ST or Yoga and Tai Chi), level of workout (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced) and length of workout. For the ST workouts, I also have ST Emphasis (Upper Body, Lower Body or Core).
But on June 19, I decided that instead of buying myself a new DVD, I would sort my exercise workout list by type of workout and then by name of workout and then I would do my workouts in alphabetical order in whichever category is on the schedule for the day.
I started this personal challenge on June 20. A typical schedule looks like this:
Wednesday - yoga and/or a walk
Thursday - ST
Friday - Cardio
Saturday - ST or Cardio & ST combined
Sunday - Cardio and/or yoga or tai chi (depends on whether I've been overdoing it food-wise on the weekend)
Monday - Cardio & ST combined
Tuesday - Cardio
The days I do yoga, tai chi or just a walk, I count as my rest days.
So far, I've completed 12 workouts:
- Whitmarsh, Cindy - 10 Days to a Better Body - Upper Body & Abs - Cardio & ST
- Gulan, Elise - 20 Minute Makeover - Cardio
- Zumba - Activate - Cardio
- Whitmarsh, Cindy - 10 Days to a Better Body - Lower Body & Abs - Cardio & ST
- Mullen, Kimberly Miguel - Brazilian Body - Cardio
- Michaels, Jillian - 30 Day Shred, Level 1 - Cardio & ST
- Holland, Tom - Supreme 90 - Cardio Challenge - Cardio & ST
- Davis-McLain, Alison - Cardio Dance Express - Cardio
- Freytag, Chris - 3-2-1 Workout - Cardio & ST
- Blanks, Billy - Cardio Circuit 1 - Cardio
- Johnson, Chalene - Cardio Party - Cardio
- Michaels, Jillian - 6 Week Six-Pack, Level 2 - Cardio & ST
AND, on July 12, I posted what I was doing on my Friend Feed and one of my SparkFriends who hadn't exercised in 3 weeks decided to join me on this challenge with her own workouts so that's pretty cool.
Another, SparkFriend suggested I blog about it. If I can inspire others to join us on this personal challenge, that would be way cool, too!