Eat Fat, Cut The Carbs and Avoid Snacking To Reverse Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes
Saturday, July 02, 2016
"After 250,000 years of evolution, humans became a healthy, well-nourished species with a long life expectancy. In only 30 years, things have gone catastrophically wrong, with epidemics of obesity and type 2 diabetes, unchecked by current policies and interventions likely to cause reduced life-expectancy, and bankruptcy of healthcare systems. This report represents a potential shift in failed policies, and recommends alternatives which are likely to reverse some of the counterproductive effects of recent policy."
This report looks at the following
1. Eating Fat Does Not Make You Fat
2. Saturated Fat Does Not Cause Heart Disease. Full fat dairy is likely protective.
3. Processed foods labelled low fat, lite, low cholesterol or proven to lower cholesterol should be avoided.
4. Limit starchy and refined carbohydrates to prevent and reverse Type 2 diabetes.
5. Optimum Sugar Consumption For Health is ZERO.
6. Industrial Vegetable Oils Should Be Avoided.
7. Stop Counting Calories
(Calorie focused thinking has damaged public health.)
8. You cannot outrun a bad diet.
9. Snacking will make you fat (Grandma was right!)
10. Evidence Based Nutrition Should Be Incorporated In to Education Curricula For All Healthcare Professionals.
Full article here -