I am still alive
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Well it is halfway through week 2 in May and I can honestly say that the last 2 weeks have been the craziest weeks ever.
Planning and organizing a surprise party for our 18 year old has been a huge undertaking even though her friends covered most of the decorating details. I was still the one coordinating the birthday girls distractions, getting steps sons arranged to and from the party (it was a mum's weekend so they were not at our house), clean the house and organize all the food. All in all, it was successful as she didn't know it was happening and she thoroughly enjoyed the event.
A few things about myself through all this... I was bad! I had a hard time getting through everything for myself while doing everything else. If I managed all my water for that day, I was too busy to pay attention to my food. Skipped the gym to many times although I did a lot of cleaning, rearranging furniture and getting party ready as well as winter ready.
I realized a few things in my struggles... (everything needs to be a learning experience in order for you to not make the same mistakes in the future).
- I still make excuses to drop one thing to fit in another.
- I feel so much better on a day I have gotten to the gym and spent the time to focus on myself with focused exercise
- I drink more water those days as well
- when I do not get enough sleep, I actually feel depressed throughout the day and don't want to do anything but feel sorry for myself (which is weird because I have no reason to feel that way at this point in my life)
- I really need to find a way to keep my food in check. Lets face it, when we are busy, the first thing that goes is our way of eating. I eat the right things about 90% of the time, but I get busy and don't portion it and quite easily eat too much at once, and then it runs wild all day.
So for the next few weeks I am focused on getting myself back on track. I am resetting myself and starting at square one! Water, water, water and workouts... get them back where they need to be so I can turn my attention on the big one... food.
Thanks everyone for not forgetting about me. I have managed to force myself 10 minutes each night to log in and ledger everything I could remember for the day. And I had some time to read about everyone's activities.. I just couldn't stop to post.
Hugs to you all and I hope your May is going well!