This is a long standing joke in my house, as it is one of our girls Birthdays. It's actually a hectic week from April 30th (MIL Birthday) through to May 4th (with May 2nd being my Step Daughters Birthday. So 3 Birthday's in 5 days.
Make it crazier.. They are all milestone ones. Mother in Law is 70, Step Daughter turns 21 on the 2nd and my daughter and only biological child, turns 18. Its one of those moments that makes you realize how fast time has flown by.
So this week. Will be particularly nuts. But I will take it in stride like I try to do. Lately sitting is a luxury, which is good for calorie burning. LOL
So to kick off the month I have a few extra things to handle on top of my normal. This week is back to hitting hard at the gym after needing some time to let my hip heal. I also needed to have a blood test as I completely skipped a menstral cycle and I am having mini hot flashes. So rest was in order so I only managed a couple trips to the gym last week and a couple puppy walks to make sure I was not lulling to much.
So this week....
- Dr. Appoint Monday for blood test results.
- Water, water, water!
- Kombucha and green smoothies every day!
- food detox.. its a very basic one but I feel yuck from eating bad Sunday night (Party 1) and still have 2 more to go (Girl 1 lives far away so I avoid cake - boo-hoo, and yet... yay! lol. Girl 2 family dinner party and cake, and a party on Saturday). So everyday I will be eating by detox, Wednesday having birthday dinner in moderation and trying to avoid mindless snacking on Saturday.
- 5 am sessions with the treadmill/cardio machine.
- 3 sessions Pilates
- 3 upper body strength training following Pilates
- puppy walk each day
- Planning the party on Saturday and preparing it all, without a hitch.... did I mention its a surprise party for our 18 year old?!? Crazy right?? Lucky all I really am doing is hosting and dealing with food. Her friends have done all the tough stuff.
- AND.. I got to my first Goal on Weight loss so I get to go have my reward of a medi/pedi session at the salon.. YAY!!
I am also adding this little number to the roster this week....
- Bring Sally up challenge! If you have never heard of it, google "Bring Sally Up".. This is the week ahead.. I plan on coming home every morning after the gym and doing it before the shower. And..... wait for it.... the 3 step sons all want in!! So they will be doing it along side me every morning this week.. or so they say lol!
So aside from this crazy first week of the month, I have 3 more weeks to organize as well.. so it looks like this...
- Water, water, water, kombucha and green smoothie every single day!
- Food at under 1500 calories every day. Not even cake will stop me!
- 5 a.m. cardio sessions, 3 pilates, 3 strength training and walking home 2 of 3 pilates nights.
- 4 days of puppy walks
- Starting Monday, I have joined the 5K your way Walking Challenge (I would have started today but I want the rest days to fall on Sunday)
-Complete the last 2 weeks of my "Official Healthy Cooking Challenge". First 2 weeks were pretty easy for me. If your looking for this challenge, it's actually in groups, not under challenges.
- lots of homework
- Wednesday's are job search day
- keep track of and stick to, the calendar! A hard one!!
In the month of April I managed about 5 pounds lost and 1/2 inch to 1 inch off every measurement. Even my neck and hubby says my face has slimmed down. I get frustrated that with everything I do, it isn't more but I take a breath and stay focused on the end goal. When it comes down to it, 1 pound a week means over 50 pounds in one year gone.. for good!
And something sweet to leave you with... My amazing girls! Happy 21st to Miss Raven and Happy 18th to my Mykalyn! (my red head and.. my Star Wars kid!).