Buddy Assignment- What keeps me from my goals
Sunday, June 17, 2007
The assignment is to list any excuse, no matter how stupid, so here goes.
1. All of the women in my family who I have known when they were around my age have been round, so I have no role model for a fit 40something woman.
2. I really love food. I love to cook and love to eat.
3. I have a hyperactive child at home who needs lots of high calorie foods to keep her at a healthy weight. I can't keep my house totally clear of snacks I need to avoid.
4. I procrastinate when it comes to exercise.
5. My grandsons offer me bites of their food and it's difficult for me to say no.
6. Before SP I didn't allow myself to really see how fat I was.
7. Before SP I didn't realize portion sizes and miscalculated when it came to calorie counting.
8. I was raised to use food as rewards.
9. I eat when I'm bored.
10. I eat when I'm sad.
11. I eat to celebrate special events.
12. Going out to lunch is a social event and I didn't know what else to do when my friends and I get together.
13. I have had low self esteem for a long time and didn't bother trying because I just assumed I would fail.