Physical vs. Emotional Hunger Infographic
Friday, February 19, 2016
I created this infographic to help distinguish between the physical sensations of hunger and the psychological emotions of hunger. Hopefully the photo is readable. If not, just send me a Sparkmail and we can work out how you can receive it.
Hmm, still looks small and unreadable. Here's what the text says.
- Signal from your body to your brain
- Can locate the discomfort to a specific part of the body
- Satisfied with fueling, variety of foods
- Hunger is between 1-5 on a scale of 1-10 (1 = Starving, 10 = Stuffed)
- Triggers feelings of satisfaction, calm, "enough" after first bite
- Signal from your brain to your body
- Harder to locate the discomfort to a specific part of the body
- Satisfied with a specific type of food
- Craving is between 6-10 on a scale of 1-10
- Triggers feelings of anxiety, guilt, "not enough" after first bite