I don't consider myself to be either a great cook, or a disaster in the kitchen; I'm not sure where I went wrong.
Someday I may try it again, or a similar recipe.
Please, if you've had success with this, I'd love to hear about it. For me it was an EPIC FAIL! It smelled dreadful, and felt like lead. Maybe I used a lousy protein powder? I wonder if it would be good with chocolate protein powder?
What it SHOULD look like is this. I'm sorry I didn't take a pic of my disaster. Next time I will, but I hope it will be better.
I -think- this is the recipe I tried to make. I deleted the pin, then went back to search again later to share with you.
The reviews are great, so I clearly screwed it up.
Vanilla Protein Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower
- 1/2 cup egg whites (She used organic egg whites from Trader Joe's)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla Protein powder. (She used about Time Vanilla protein)
- 4 drops stevia
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Steam 1/2 cup of cauliflower.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and grease a small loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients including steamed cauliflower, and mix with either a hand mixer or throw it all in a blender.
- Bake for 30-40 min depending on oven. should be slightly browned on top and a bit firm to touch.
Serving size - 2-3 sm slices
Calories - 178, Fat - 2, Carbohydrates - 2, Sugar - 0, Protein - 37