I feel a need to plan my week for accountability (ok, and maybe a little sympathy)
- Had a good run Tuesday!
- Today (Wednesday) was a full 7am to 10pm day, so a 'rest' day for me.
- Tomorrow is a packed day, but I have a break between 12 and 4, so I will run, but only for 15-20 minutes.
- Friday: pick up food for the local breakfast program, hand out food at said program and then my sister is coming for a visit. I intend to imbibe several pints with her, so - no run.
- Saturday: I am on call, I want to go to the farmers' market, I expect to be slightly hung over or at least sleep-deprived, and I work an evening, so no run. If the hangover is mild and on-call does not result in actual work, I will walk and force my sister to come along.
- Sunday: I drive to Ottawa and *fingers crossed* I will arrive in time to run! I've channelled my "inner Brian" (hi Brian, if you're reading this!) and mapped out a 6k route along the Rideau canal to Parliament Hill, past the National War Memorial and back to my hotel. It might work better to do that on Monday evening, but that is the night of our national election, and I imagine that security will be prohibitive of a run round the national capital buildings. I don't want to miss my chance to see them on foot. I'm so excited! A solo destination run!! I will post pictures of course. Probably of the hotel as well. I don't get out much.
- Monday, I'll have a very (emotionally) heavy course and evening homework, plus a date with myself at a world-class restaurant of my choosing, so, likely no run. I'm not ruling it out and I'll have my running stuff with me just in case. A significant walk is likely. I wonder if it will be possible to be AT the parliament building when the regime change is announced!? (fingers crossed) If so, I will be home very late and may kiss a sailor!!!
- Tuesday, full day course, drive home, MUST RUN!
- Wednesday, ear surgery, no run.
- Thursday - post surgery, no run. Palliative care course, if I can hear anything and remain upright.
and that's my week.
Also, and off-topic, this is what I found on my desk when I got back from work today.
There are water bugs, snails, plants and A LEECH in this jar. Yeah.