This past week was a mixed bag of emotions, accomplishments and not doing a whole lot. Summer decided to finally make an appearance in our state and we've had high's in the 90's. Weather that makes one want to stay in the air conditioning and not do a whole lot. Which is exactly what I did. I managed to get my walking in by going before work as well as going just before the sun went down. The weeding in the garden did not happen so I'm hoping to get that crossed off my list this week.
One of my goals last week was to do something that forced me out of my comfort zone and at the time I wrote that I wasn't sure what I was going to do. As the week progressed I started doing two things that I'm putting towards that goal - I stopped weighing myself and I stopped using 'screen time' after 5:00pm during the week. Both were a bit difficult but, I think I'm on to something. For sooooo many years, I've been a slave to the scale - that number, more often than I care to admit, defined my day and who I was. If the number was one, that in my mind, was acceptable, I was 'good', the day was going to be 'good', etc., etc. I'm trying so hard to stop that mindset and to focus on how my body feels; are my knees achy - should I focus more on stretching and less impact exercises, are my arms a little sore from doing that awesome weight training video. The other items of getting off my computer/phone after 5:00pm, frees my time like I've never thought. It's incredible how much time a person actually spends, at least for me. It all starts innocently enough but, next thing you know 2 hours have gone by and I have nothing to show for the time. Instead, I've been doing some coloring, doing crafts, cleaning, doing some downsizing, etc.
So on that note - goals for this upcoming week.
1) I'd like to start recording my mileage of walking and stationary biking that I do and track a path to a destination. I think that would be a great motivator to actually see how far simple walking or biking can get a person. I'll keep you posted on my 'travels' and the sights that I'll see along the way.
2) Two strength training sessions
3) Tackle my garden - I will triumph over the weeds.
4) Work on getting 7 hours of sleep.
Life is all about balance, so some 'fun' goals -
5) Pick a Pintrest craft and do it (I have a habit of pinning crafts and not actually doing them)
6) Get my wild plums that I have frozen from last year, made into jelly. I would have tackled that this week but, the thought of heating up my kitchen even more than it already is was enough for me to postpone that chore until next week.
7) Get more items listed in my Etsy store. Talk about going stepping out my comfort zone - I opened an Etsy store and am pretty proud of that.
Have a fabulous week. Make it your best.
On a more serious note - my thoughts and prayers are going out to those whose lives and homes have been affected by the wildfires that are raging across our country.