A Grey Cloud Over My Head
Wednesday, July 08, 2015
The last 6 days (and what seems to be ongoing today and I'm praying not tomorrow too) have been absolutely wretched.
w - r - e - t - c - h - e - d
There is no way to actually emphasize just how yucky these days have been....
And truthfully, I cannot really complain about them because there are so many more out there dealing with so much more than I have.
I have tried to keep my chin up and even touched base with the family to see if I have snapped at them. I don't like to get angry with the people who are not the cause of the anger, but we are all human and sometimes it happens.
1. Traveling and breaking down in a random place is horrible.
2. Having your warranty company on your car be closed on the 3rd (day before a holiday) is extremely inconvenient
3. Rental companies that have no cars available when you are stuck in a strange city really stinks
4. Having your warranty company deny the claim is terrible.
5. Having the service center do almost 900$ worth of work to your vehicle without your permission is really not exciting
6. Not knowing where your van is because you cannot get a hold of the warranty company and neither dealership can confirm they have the van (although one totally confirmed they did not have it)
7. Urinating blood is not encouraging
but there is also this:
1. We were blessed to break down in a city.
2. At least we have a warranty company and I will work on getting partial re-imbursement. If they had been open, then we would never have gotten a free loaner from the service center - which means we would have not been able to see my family over the holiday.
3. We are thankful the dealership FINALLY broke down and gave us a free loaner - and this only happened because the rental companies had no cars available.
4. See number 2.
5. It was fixed. Somehow I was lucky enough to get a free extension of credit on my credit card that was just enough to cover the charges. What a blessing in disguise.
6. No matter what, if something bad had happened, the company responsible would have had to take care of any losses. But, thankfully, because the van was fixed the tow company could not take it.... And its ok that no one called me - the van was safe regardless if I knew or not.
7. I have insurance for this type of thing... I have had kidney stones before so that's probably what it is... but I live in a country and have insurance where I can just call to expedite the appointment I already have set for the 21st.
OH... and of course:
7. My family is healthy
8. We are in a place where we can pay the credit card off... it wasn't ideal but it was at least resolved easily enough.
9. I am loved.
10. None of this was the end of the world for anyone.
Yup... so, there is a lot that happened (a lot more than what I covered up here) including the failed adoption of a dog we wanted (because my dog apparently didn't want to share... anything).
Its been up and down, albeit mostly down - but it will go up again and in the end, all these challenges become blessings.
No joke... I asked for money and got it... maybe not how I wanted to get it, but it came and now we are ok again.
Count your blessings - even if the silver-lining of the situation is hard to see through the rain.