New lifestyle here I come.....!
Saturday, June 06, 2015
OK, so 5th June 2015 I retired after increasingly stressful years at work resulted in a number of colleagues leaving, going sick or in one case, sadly, winding up in a mental health unit.
I was fortunate that I was only 2 years away from retiring age so I was able to take early retirement albeit on a reduced pension because they anticipate paying it for longer! Never mind, my health is more important. I'd been teetering on the edge of a major depression and I needed to get out before it hit. Hopefully I have managed that......
So my aim now is to concentrate on getting healthier...... physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Plan of action:
* go swimming more often (started yesterday with 22 lengths = 1/3 mile)
* walk more (& get back to logging my virtual coastal walk!)
* clear unhealthy stuff out of cupboards and freezer
* batch cook and freeze SCD-legal meals
* de-stress (aim is to help IBS and to improve my sleeping which is currently abysmal)
* continue working with mentor at church to sort out spiritual issues
* and . . . . . ENJOY LIFE!!!!!!