ZORAHGAIL
40,000-49,999 SparkPoints 42,901
SparkPoints
 

Say what?! NO emotional eating?!

Tuesday, May 05, 2015



It's been a week since I started using these 3 eating tools: Be Kind. Hunger Scale. 4 Types of Eating. www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
ge_public_journal_individu
al.asp?blog_id=5919682


Awareness is an amazing thing. Happy to say that after noticing which type of eating I was doing (fuel, joy, fog, storm), I didn't do any storm (aka binge/emo eating). Most of the time I was fuel eating, probably 85%, and then joy the remaining 15%.

When I caught myself wanting to emo eat or fog (mindless, habitual) eat, I slowed down enough to ask myself what was REALLY going on.

Over the weekend at my in-laws, I wanted to eat a special dessert my MIL made sooo bad. I'd already enjoyed some chocolate, was physically satisfied, and was rebelling against the idea of not eating the dessert.

When I realized my inner 5 year old was pouting and throwing a temper tantrum, I laughed at myself, remembering that I'm an adult now and in charge haha. I want to feel athletic and perform well, and break the habit of mindless eating. Gorging on that dessert wasn't worth it.

So I'm happy to report that I had NO instances of emotional eating this first week. WOOHOO!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • IVYSPARKS
    WTG! Great awareness building! May I say... sometimes the restriction is more damaging than just having a small bite, enjoy it, move on. Sounded like it wasn't an emotional eating but joy? I will say I applaud you for the stop, think, ponder and control. On my Start page I have a slide that asks... Are you Hungry, Thirsty, or Bored? It really helps. Good luck to you. TY for posting and sharing.
    1141 days ago
  • SPARKELSTAR
    emoticon HI ZORAH!!!!

    ENJOY U'R BLOGS!!! emoticon emoticon

    GOOD TO ENLIST THAT INNER CHILD w/ THE TEAM!!!

    I FIND IF MY "INNER CHILD" ISN'T LISTENED TO & TAKEN GOOD CARE OF...

    SHE'S GONNA THROW A TANTRUM & I'M GONNA EAT!!! emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

    LUCKILY, THEY DISTRACT EASILY...

    AND THEY LIKE JOBS, WHERE THEY FEEL IMPORTANT!!! emoticon emoticon

    OUR INNER CHILDREN ARE IMPORTANT, THEY BRING US JOY!!! emoticon emoticon emoticon

    xoxo ❤ SparkelStar emoticon

    (Constance in Berkeley, CA)
    1142 days ago

    Comment edited on: 5/6/2015 7:19:57 AM
  • MUSCLE-UP
    Wow! This is wonderful. And than you for posting the link.
    1142 days ago
  • KAREN42BOYS
    I think I need to ponder on your 4 reasons to eat. Thanks!

    And well done!
    1142 days ago
  • SHANTRA7
    emoticon I have 2 days under my belt of not snacking at night. I just realized that I don't need it and it's not worth it. Way to go and good for you emoticon
    1142 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.