Day 1 :: 61 Days to Wedding
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
I should be writing media assignments instead of in this blog, but oh well.
Today I realized yes, I really am two months away from getting married and no, I do not look like what I want to look like on my wedding day. One of my instructors happened to mention being on the south beach diet for a while, so I thought I'd check it out. I know I have a carb addiction, so after I got the gist of the diet I decided to give it a stab.
I don't know if it is something I will use as a long-term diet, but right now it serves a few purposes:
1. Detox. Breaking me of the carb habit. I'm basically not supposed to have any carbs, sugars, etc. for two weeks - which is going to be great for me compared to what I've been eating recently.
2. Establishing habits. I have a hard time paying attention to what I eat and establishing positive dietary habits. Hopefully the SBD will allow me to at least get into the rhythm of monitoring my diet and using it for positive nourishment rather than entertainment...
3. Giving me a foundation. If SBD isn't cutting it in the long run, at least I will have a baseline knowledge of what I'm putting into my body and what effect it has on me. I can go from there and tweak caloric intake, timing, nutrient ratios, etc.
Anyway, tomorrow's goals are simple:
1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water, and maybe some black and/or green tea.
2. Stick to the SBD and eat only approved foods.
3. Drop by the grocery store and pick myself up some approved snacks/meats.
I'd also like to get some cardio work in, but I'll play that by ear. Wednesday will be my first trek to the gym with Mike, so I may wait until after that to determine what exactly my exercise plans will be.